A tragedy, so parts for sale!

Bonzo

A trajedy has be-fallen my Forte I cabinets! Grandson, spray can, rain, well you get the picture. I can't "kill" my grandson but his dad, my son, is in mortal danger!

So, if anyone's interested in Forte' I tweeters, mids, crossovers etc., let me know. I think I will keep the woofers for now. I do have a newer Klipsch 12" K28E woofer I would part with. It is the one they put in the Heresey III's and apparently the only 12" replacement woofer they sell. It's like new.

I have been having problems getting PM's so if you want to e-mail me direct that would be best;

Lbones295@cs.com

Thanks,

Mark

It do hurt Larry!

They are a nice metalic silver color now, and so is my grandson! My son was busy in my garage and didn't see the kid get in the shop. I raised him better than that! Fortunately I had pulled all the drivers out to clean up the cabinets a bit. They were not in the greatest shape to begin with but still serviceable.

My kid pulled them out of the shop and tried to clean them up after the rattle can job, you know, it just didin't work? Then he procedes to leave them outside until I got home after meeting with Mark Deneen. Well, as luck would have it, it rained, not a lot, but enough!

Anyone in the market for some streaked metalic silver Forte's??? Oh, my shop has that same silver color also! A wise man once said you have to LOVE your children but you don't always have to LIKE them!

Bonzo, your story brings back memories of my son, a can of orange spray paint, and lacquered walnut Heresy's (no rain though).

An application of lacquer stripper removed the offending orange paint and the lacquer. Applications of Watco Danish oil restored the walnut to a finish better than the original lacquer, IMHO. This process may cure your water damage, too.

If yours are oiled walnut, and stripper won't remove the silver, sanding and painting with black lacquer will provide a nice finish while allowing you to continue to enjoy the wonderful Forte sound.

I can only wait til I have grandkids. . .

Here's what you could do. [:-*] Paint them up nice in black

and put in some el cheapo drivers etc. Then pack them up and send

them insured via FedEx Ground to Gilbert. After FedEx smashes

them up, split the insurance money with Gilbert. That way, you

get something out of it and Gilbert gets revenge for his recent loss.

Thanks, I think, for all the "helpful" suggestions. No fini, these are my old ones, thank god, that I was going to clean up and sell. A friend of mine tinkers with PA systems and has built some of his own cabs. He wants me to give them to him so he can cover them with tolex and build house mains out of them. Don't know if I will do that or not?

If they had PR's, aren't they Forte, not Forte II?

Sorry to hear of the mishap- if you're a carpenter at all, why not just whittle out a couple of boxes based on the old ones?

Or this would be a great opportunity for someone who wanted to build a custom Forte center cabinet.

Michael

Michael,

They are Forte's with 12" PRs, the Forte II's have 15" PRs. I have a pair of old Heresy's hanging in my shop, don't really need them for the garage. Really don't have the time to mess with them right now. I also just sold the tweeters to a member.

Ah, must be Chori that have ports in the I, PR in II.

Might as well part em out then. Heresies in the garage are the new cool thing. Picky's starting a Garage Heritage Club. I'll have a double stack of LSI's soon.

What horn is in the Forte I? Is it tractrix? I might be interested.....

I see that they would be Exponential horns with K53's. Wouldn't that be about the same as was used in some Heresies?

M

Hey Michael,

They are K53's and to my knowledge are similar if not the same that came in the latter Heresy I's and maybe the II's. I think the horns are different. I also have one of the new 12" woofers that Klipsch puts in the Heresy III's. It's like new.