GO COLTS

colterphoto1

"I'd rather be neutered with a rusty cheese grater than be a Dallas fan."

YEP. Same goes for Oakland. If these were the only options presented to me in order to achieve fandom in the NFL, I wouldn't be an NFL fan. I would renounce my fandom before taking up cheers for either of these two clubs. If Dallas ever plays Oakland in a Super Bowl, it might be my first time skipping it since age 9.

As for Indy, I think I have arrived at/been reminded of the real reason I have been a-Colts rooting so much lately, thanks to Sputnik: I am wayyyyyyy tired of seeing that little champagne party every year. Why would this Bear fan care? Well, it all goes back to a certain game in 1985 - the only loss of Da Bears 1985 Super Bowl season vs. the Dolphins. I wanted the Fins SOOOOOO BAD in Super Bowl XX - a rainy AFC Championship matchup leveled the playing field for the Pats, so that little bit of revenge never panned out. Ever since then, I have wanted SOMEONE to go unbeaten. Hence, I've been rooting for the Colts a little bit on the side.

It's interesting that the Bears have the league's number one defense 20 years after the '85 team. Makes for a great story line - the Monsters of the Midway going to Super Bowl XL for the 20th anniversary of the greatest a** kicking any defense has ever displayed in the NFL. Coming back down to earth, I realize that the Bears will only go as far as their QB takes them. The other pieces are in sufficiently in place. Overlooked about the Bears is that stellar offensive line, who made holes this weekend you could drive a truck through. It's ALL about the QB in Chicago.....mostly that he play mistake free - but at some point will need to make more plays to get them anywhere come playoff time.

So if not the Bears, why not the Colts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images