Klipsch ..."revealing" ...or ..just Harsh ...??

Duke Spinner

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equalizer ....????

Expander...?????

[:o]

uh oh .... yea, i run that stuff , too ..[;)].

I know some may disagree but make sure you rope caulk that mid horn and get the ALKs. Drop them down 2 notches and the majic will be back.

For some reason I like horn loaded bass and the extra expense was woth it on the top end.

PK relied heavily on what the measurements revealed because he didn't trust his ears. It's true that the ears can be easily fooled, and so the measurements are important in keeping you out of trouble -- but in the end -- you HAVE to trust what your ears are telling you. At any rate, I completely agree with Duke, and his earlier comments line up exactly with what I think. The cure is rather simple: a bandpass on the squawker and polypropylene capacitors.

Measurements are important. Even Bose is coming around to agreement with that. I notice that a "full" set of specs are now published on the Bose website for their "Flagship" 901 Series VI.

"Speakers: 12 3/4"H x 21 1/16"W x 12 3/4"D (32.4 x 53.3 x 32.4 cm) 35 lbs. (16 kg)

Equalizer: 2 1/2"H x 13"W x 5"D (6.4 x 33 x 12.6 cm) 3 2/5 lbs. (1.5 kg)"

Bob Crites

The better the speaker, the more it emphasizes the deficiencies of the associated apparatus.

PWK - 1951

The magical black box theory only works for the bottom end of the quality spectrum. What ever happened to bringing out the best in quality gear and music?

Dude, what did you expect with that gear? CDs and SS aren't really backwards compatible with Klipsch Heritage. PKW's genius was fostered in the vinly and tube era. You need to revert to the technology that was current when the Klipsch Heritage was born, man. Heritage Klipsh are beautifully revealing of what good old vinyl and tube can do. Trying to drive then with gear that didn't really exist when they were designed is like - what, somebody help me out here....?

Pauln

Is that supposed to be funny? I know a lot of folks with SS gear listening to their CDs on heritage stuff. And it sounds GREAT!

Duke's JBL gear is pretty heritage as well. [;)] You can ship some of those to me Duke, or the Altec 19s. Those are gorgeous speakers.

Bruce

Yes, every theory and observation I post is supposed to be funny, even the serious ones. Maybe I can express more clearly in the form of a syllogism:

I certainly prefer the sound of vinyl and tubes over CDs and SS.

I am a test verified golden ear and musician (see other threads).

Therefore, my preference stems from a subjective superiority that validates an objective reality that vinyl and tubes surpass the sound of CDs and SS.

Just another way of saying that I know what I like and choose accordingly. Don't we all?

Measurements are important. Even Bose is coming

around to agreement with that. I notice that a "full" set of specs are

now published on the Bose website for their "Flagship" 901 Series VI.

"Speakers: 12 3/4"H x 21 1/16"W x 12 3/4"D (32.4 x 53.3 x 32.4 cm)

35 lbs. (16 kg) Equalizer: 2 1/2"H x 13"W x 5"D (6.4 x 33 x 12.6

cm) 3 2/5 lbs. (1.5 kg)"

Bob Crites

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA .....!!!!..............[:D]

i don't know if anyone else ....paid attention, Bob