Therapeutic Fight Thread

pauln

Now, for the REAL fun! Post your list of 10%'ers.

I'd say I have heard alot of "silliness" where people go on page.... after page.... after page... talking about speaker wire, angling, rising, moving, etc. LaScalas to make them sound good. It's almost an admission of sorts that they are a "sh**tty" speaker.

Fact of the matter is they are KFA speakers (not the best in the world, so don't take my enthusiasm and exaggerate it). But it's almost humorous to see these many threads where someone gets on and says Altecs or JBL's are better than LaScalas. Then, the LaScala defenders get on and say "put risers on them," "put them in a corner and point this direction," "install some foam in the opposite corners," blaaa.... blaaaa.... blaaaa.

I just know I love my Klipsch, and I'm happy if I never look for better. And "no," I'm not going to try and tweak everything BUT the speaker. They sound just fine.

Honestly, all that reading is FUN, though, and this site would bore me to tears if not for all the claptrap. [:)]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd better jump in fast because I can already hear the gasps. [:$]

Not tay say the tweaking won't do a little "something." My point is if my business or profession required me to crank out perfect recordings - or else I don't get paid, then, I'd be a tweaker, too! [;)]

But I just listen for the fun of it and not as a labor.

I think most of the Klipsch (and especially LaScala) critics either:

1. just make their comments to bait controversy,

2. want a pair, but for whatever reason can't get one, so they shoot them down,

3. used to have a pair and lost them in a divorce, bankruptcy, etc. (probably falling in category 2),

4. used to have a pair, made a decision to dump them for something "better," regret that the so-called better trade was not all THAT better (maybe not as good) and have subconscious regrets that force them to criticize in order to block out their disappointment.

Even if I was inclined to, and did, go out and find a better set of speakers, I could never in good conscience shoot down a pair of good Klipsch Heritage. They are always something to admire.

That's my long, cathartic rant.... So, there! Like I said, it's all good fun. [;)]

And Michael, I live on 2 acres in the city. I love it. You can pee off the porch and nobody will see you. You might have planes, but you're still a lucky guy! [:)]

I am ticked that I have 25 1/2 years with this company and I am 3 years away from being able to retire early and it looks like I will be out of a job in 1 year or less due to Government cutbacks. There isn't anything within 200 miles that pays 1/2 as much as what I get now and there are still 12 1/2 years left to pay on my house

Cal, just make sure you know the full story on how the cut-back plan will be implemented. Are they targeting near-retirement folks at a disproportionate rate to younger ones? I'd get an attorney lined up. The law prohibits age-based discrimination. And that does not just mean "because of your age." It means if the employer lays off folks close to retirement to save more money in the long haul, the practice has an EFFECT of unfairly discriminating against certain employees based on age. After all, age is definitely a factor for getting close to retirement. Don't sit back and get screwed. Be proactive and get an attorney before it happens. You might find you can prevent its happening in the first place. Good luck!

Ok, I'm over that one. It was low cloud cover last night, but it sounded like the planes were going to land on the roof any time. The joys of city life I suppose.

I've got a little serenity today, picked up an ex employer from downtown this am. His car was impounded and he's letting them keep it. Just put all his worldly possessions in the trunk of my new Accord. He's going to be living with his exwife for a while, she's the only one who will take him in.

I guess I'm a lucky guy after all...

Michael

oh yeah, and I have 9 CW's and 6 LS and I love em all! So there.

I am ticked

that I have 25 1/2 years with this company and I am 3 years away from

being able to retire early and it looks like I will be out of a job

in 1 year or less due to Government cutbacks. There isn't

anything within 200 miles that pays 1/2 as much as what I get now and

there are still 12 1/2 years left to pay on my house

Cal,

just make sure you know the full story on how the cut-back plan will be

implemented. Are they targeting near-retirement folks at a

disproportionate rate to younger ones? I'd get an attorney lined

up. The law prohibits age-based discrimination. And that

does not just mean "because of your age." It means if the

employer lays off folks close to retirement to save more money in the

long haul, the practice has an EFFECT of unfairly discriminating

against certain employees based on age. After all, age is

definitely a factor for getting close to retirement. Don't sit

back and get screwed. Be proactive and get an attorney before it

happens. You might find you can prevent its happening in the

first place. Good luck!

Thanks but this is a multi BILLION $ company. If the cutbacks happen,

it is on union seniority. Those with the least time goes. If the

cutbacks do happen, the plant I work at will be closed (no other plans

for it at the moment) and about 6,000 people will be out of a job, not

to mention the thousands that are in the private economy that we feed.

Alas I am but a numbered cog in the larger machine.

Travis, if you don't like the gf's cats, it aint gonna last man. She loves those little beasts, feces and all. That's just the way we cat people are. If you can't take it, send her and her kitties over to me....LOL

I have a suspicion I wouldn't make Dean's list since I never purchased anything from him.... yet.....That'll be an interesting thread, see Duke already has it set up.

Re the LS, I just like em for the look and long throw. I have no idea why I have the LSBR's in my Hearth room. My main LSI's are in the garage, usually listened to outdoors at a distance of 40' or so, where they excel. I wouldn't trade a roomful of them for my CW HT setup right now.

Michael

I am ticked that I have 25 1/2 years with this company and I am 3 years away from being able to retire early and it looks like I will be out of a job in 1 year or less due to Government cutbacks. There isn't anything within 200 miles that pays 1/2 as much as what I get now and there are still 12 1/2 years left to pay on my house

Cal, just make sure you know the full story on how the cut-back plan will be implemented. Are they targeting near-retirement folks at a disproportionate rate to younger ones? I'd get an attorney lined up. The law prohibits age-based discrimination. And that does not just mean "because of your age." It means if the employer lays off folks close to retirement to save more money in the long haul, the practice has an EFFECT of unfairly discriminating against certain employees based on age. After all, age is definitely a factor for getting close to retirement. Don't sit back and get screwed. Be proactive and get an attorney before it happens. You might find you can prevent its happening in the first place. Good luck!

Thanks but this is a multi BILLION $ company. If the cutbacks happen, it is on union seniority. Those with the least time goes. If the cutbacks do happen, the plant I work at will be closed (no other plans for it at the moment) and about 6,000 people will be out of a job, not to mention the thousands that are in the private economy that we feed.

Alas I am but a numbered cog in the larger machine.

I see what you're saying, Cal. Man, that really sucks to have to face that prospect. Best wishes for you and your future.

The bellweather that I use to determine the value of someone's audio opinion is WIRES - those who think they matter and those who don't...

Those who don't evidently suffer from one or more of the following maladies:

1) deafness

2) crappy gear up-to-and-including speakers

3) inability to adapt to reality

4) pedantism

5) a marked preference for fuses in the signal path

DM

Michael,

The main FedEx hub is in Memphis. Last night (Tuesday) an

exceptionally strong series of storms, generating at least 13

tornadoes, tore through the midwest. Memphis itself wasn't hit

too badly, but the entire FedEx fleet had to be re-routed, and Indy

absorbed a lot of traffic that got diverted from the left coast.

That's what was up with all the aircraft. I'd say at least 20% of

our boxes (PeriShip, not FedEx) were seriously delayed.

Everyone else -

La Scalas have *NO* bass. Nada. Ziltch. Not There. The bass Is no More! It has has Ceased to Be! It's Expired and gone to Meet its Maker! It's

a Stiff! Bereft of life, it Rests in Peace! If you hadn't Added a

Subwoofer it'd be Pushing up the Daisies! Its metabolic processes are

now History! It's off the Twig! It's Kicked the Bucket, it's Shuffled

Off it's Mortal Coil, Run Down the Curtain and Joined the bleedin'

Choir Invisibile!! THIS IS

A BASSLESS SPEAKER!!

Ray, past owner and loyal fan of La Scalas anyway.

Ah, that would explain the ridiculous amount of traffic landing here. Couple that to a low cloud ceiling because it stormed here all day (nearly tornado conditions, warnings 2 counties away). No wonder I didn't sleep last night.

Next time they can just ground their friggin fleet for all I care. How come they get to disturb peoples sleep at 1 am?

Michael

Everyone else -

La Scalas have *NO* bass. Nada. Ziltch. Not There. The bass Is no More! It has has Ceased to Be! It's Expired and gone to Meet its Maker! It's a Stiff! Bereft of life, it Rests in Peace! If you hadn't Added a Subwoofer it'd be Pushing up the Daisies! Its metabolic processes are now History! It's off the Twig! It's Kicked the Bucket, it's Shuffled Off it's Mortal Coil, Run Down the Curtain and Joined the bleedin' Choir Invisibile!! THIS IS A BASSLESS SPEAKER!!

Ray, past owner and loyal fan of La Scalas anyway.

Ray, why not tell us how you REALLY feel! I think you should have tried aiming them at 45's from the corner and installing some foam in opposite corners before you got rid of 'em. [:P]