yup, Bose vs Klipsch PART II

colterphoto1

I think I've repeated this argument with my girlfriend over and over

again. She seems to think Bose is the end all be all of audio

greatness. I think women just have a weird thing for bose because they

are "cute" and go along with an ikea set up. She also despises my set

up, which is the entire Reference 7 set up, "she can't hear the

difference" she says. I guess that what we get for living in the age of

the IPod, where everything has to be tiny.

It's not women in general -- you've just got the wrong one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to jump in on the Bose bashing, but this story is too good.

Thanksgiving week I took my family to the San Diego area to visit the beaches and Legoland and the Zoo, etc. Anyway, we were staying across the street from a "Premium" outlet mall in Carlsbad. My wife decided to walk over, so my two sons (eight and four-years-old) and I tagged along.

We as we walked by one of those Bose storefronts, the boys and I were approached by the Bose salesman and we were invited in to watch the demo that was about to start.

So we went into the special room and sat through the demo. When we walked out, the salesman was standing right by the door and asked what we thought about the demo. Before I could say anything, my eight-year-old son looked up at the guy and said, "Try Cornwalls".

The salesman looked at him, and then at me with a puzzled look on his face. I just smiled and said we needed to go, although my smile was probably more of a grin, because I was about to die laughing inside. My son had no reason to bash Bose, he was just giving the guy his honest opinion.

So we went into the special room and sat through the demo. When we walked out, the salesman was standing right by the door and asked what we thought about the demo. Before I could say anything, my eight-year-old son looked up at the guy and said, "Try Cornwalls".

The salesman looked at him, and then at me with a puzzled look on his face. I just smiled and said we needed to go, although my smile was probably more of a grin, because I was about to die laughing inside. My son had no reason to bash Bose, he was just giving the guy his honest opinion.

Great story! This story has one of those Mastercard "Priceless" jokes written all over it.