I've gone to the dark side!

crazytubepower

Well I finally bought new speakers, they are a prototype by audiokinesis, a dealer by trade, called the cheetah. If anyone went to vtv they would know the speaker I was talking about. They are very nice. And offer huge value for the $1900.

go here to see pictures that someone took at the show, my speakers are in there along with a short description.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/410487.html

When I heard them I knew I had to buy, they were some of the best sounding at the show, and totaly kill my rf-3's in every department. These are very enjoyable to listen to. And I can listen to music I could not before, because of the harshness of the horns on my rf's. These still have a horn tweeter, and use the fostex drivers, so it still has that "horn sound"

I will post pictures of my own, one the custom build stands are done.

I am very excited, so please if you have any negitive comments keep them to yourselves.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 2 comments:

1. for that much money I hope they sound better than rf 3s

2. lol

you remind me of the guy who has climbed K2, swam the english channel, tubed the Amazon, and whose daddy is the president. Have you ever seen the movie Catch Me if You Can?

Easy,

He said he's excited and to not make negative comments.[:$]

Crazy---Nice. Some of the Fostexes sound pretty good. especially when they get some help with the bass. Right now I'm using Fostex FX-120s above 800hz and double Altec 414s below 800hz, sounds OK.

Ole Duke has been building speakers for a long time, he used to publish in SpeakerBuilder.

So how did that old Lansing Iconic sound? That's the speaker from the 30s with the 8-cell horn on top.

What about the field-coil RCA clones, the Cogents? How was the bass from their compression-driver woofer?

I liked them better than the abby's, the cheetahs are more dynamic, more bass output, and even though they only have a rear firing tweeters I feel the highs are better. Now the one thing the abby's we're better in, and this is only slightly was midrange, it was just right on that speaker. I have yet to get the t90a, but the cheetah already sound killer in my room. I am sure the t90a will take the speaker to the next level

i anticipate seeing pics of them in your room

wanna wager that would be impossible?

maybe his supposedly super rich parents bought him the speakers as a way to soothe his recent breakup with said girlfriend.

you should've asked for the corvette you supposedly have coming to you instead.

shiftyeyes.gif

i don't see how you go from saying 1500 is way too expensive for belles and wanting beat up $500-600 cornwalls, to buying $1900 whatever speakers in less than a month.