War of the Worlds

boomer9911

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! It's amazing just how much everyone's opinion differs on a given movie, but especially on this one. I got it as a Christmas present from my son and daughter in-law. We watched it last night. Ten minutes in, my wife and I were on the edge of our seats and that didn't stop until the very end. Giving thought only to the fact that this is a genuine, science-fiction movie and not worrying about the realist side of things (which negates the plot holes -IMO), or how it compares with the book or the original movie, this was a very exciting and entertaining movie. The CG were very well done and the soundtrack in DTS was amazing. I plan to watch it again using the Dolby soundtrack to see if there appears to be any diffference. Our sub wasn't the only thing that got a real workout; our left and right RF-7s really gave their all, too. The sub rearranged all of the liquor bottles on our bar back. But, still not as much as does 'The Abyss' (sub-slide scene) in 'Finding Nemo'. We felt that 'WOTW' was a fun movie to watch and we're looking forward to seeing it again....soon!

Question: What the heck was the deal with the fast-growing vine? Was that some kind of potential food source for them?

I watched....I liked for the most part....

I think it could have been better..not sure how...but it seems it was lacking something...

Sound effects were cool...The low noise them things made were really cool....even the dog liked that...hehehe

Worth a watch for sure...Test for the sub...

I got it for Xmas..so it is a keeper...hehehe

which by the way I need to get you up to speed on. Of course, it's only for making back up copies of DVDs that you have already purchased. It even says that in the disclaimer verbage, right before the FBI warnings come up.

I'll be needing more information on that, if you don't mind.