Best Looking K-horns I've Ever Seen

78Khorn

While visiting San Diego I stopped in at Brier Stereo (Klipsch Heritage dealer) to look at their equipment. In one of their listening rooms they had a fabulous pair of laquered Brazilian Rosewood Klipschorns signed by Paul Klipsch. Talk about a beautiful piece of furniture that can be yours for $14,000. The dealer also sold NAD and McIntosh so I'm going to go back and have them hook up the Khorns to some surround separates to see what I think. I've been wanting to upgrade to separates for awhile and this will give me a chance to hear some that I'm interested in hooked up to khorns.

78 Khorn

No such luck on the pictures. I told the dealer that they should post the K-horns on the Klipsch forum if they really wanted to sell them. I don't think that they are really anxious to sell and that is why the price is so steep. One of the owners spent some time with Paul Klipsch at his home and they actually have a picture of Paul signing this set of speakers. Sounded to me like they are still prettty attached to this memory so they priced the speakers accordingly.

Yeh, I wouldn't be really motivated to part with them either. I think

your take is right on the price, too. They are kind of attached.

I'm glad to know these folks have got Khorns in their listening room.

I wonder how many Klipsch dealers, nationwide, there are with Klipschorns set up for audition?

There is another pair of Brazilian Rosewood Klipschorns in AR for $4000, the catch is he wants to sell them with some really stunning BR Heresy's that he hand picked the veneer with PWK and wants $3K for them. So for $7K you can get Khorn's & Heresy' finished in Brazilian Rosewood, my brother in law Gilbert went and checked them out but the price was too steep for him. I had photos at one time but misplaced them.

Yes they are stunning. My jaw dropped and my wife was stunned when she saw them The folks a Breier Audio are really good people. They know most folks coming in are not going to make a purchase yet they will demo whatever they can for you. When the time comes for me to get some Mac gear my intentions are to go through them.

I think that these are pretty nice:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/173343/ShowPost.aspx

They are not "Brazilian Mahogany" as the thread states, they are actually Oiled Brazilian Rosewood "Type BRO's". Not to rub it in, but they really are beautiful, with a very high WAF - which brings me to my question. Do you have any contact information for the Rosewood Klipschorns and Heresys in Arkansas?

I mentioned them to the Mrs. and she said, "aesthetically those would make the room look very nice" (the home theater room). She doesn't like the mix I have now of rosewood, walnut, black and unfinished birch cabinets. So, it wouldn't hurt to make contact - maybe the $7K is more negotiable this time of year. We may be taking a family trip to Arkansas during the Christmas Holiday. A U-Haul truck would be OK.