Ebay seller naive or bogus?

Daddy Dee

I have found over the years that some of my best bargains have come from obvious scamers after everyone else passes.

Before placing any bid, a wise buyer will nail down confirm this sellers vague "insurance and packing materials" and press for actual and/or unaltered pictures.

"As far as the free shipping - I am fortunate enough to have a buddy that works as an independent contractor for a large freight shipping company. Please note that the buyer is responsible for the cost of insurance and packing materials."

"Unfortunately, no discounts are available for local pickup other than the savings on shipping insurance and packaging materials."

"Yes! Please note, however, the charge for required shipping insurance and packing materials."

yes I agree Dee, though he may just be honest

enough to eat the shipping as well. If he didnt it would be means

to get your money back I would think.

Yes he might. I once had a seller eat some shipping charges to expedite

some big sub cabs he'd promised to have delivered by a certain date.

On the location of the LaScalas... descriptions states they are in Louisiana, though the seller is in Dallas.

Until the guy sufficiently explains the fact that he is using someone elses pictures that he has altered, I have to believe that this is a scam. He won't even respond to my request to go check them out. I even offered to drive to Linden if that is really where they are.

Actually they are suposedly in Minden, LA. Linden is in Texas. My typing got a bit ahead of my brain. [:)]

I am around 3.5 hours drive from Minden, but it is only an hour and a half from my parents so I was going to go visit them and then drive down to check them out. I really didn't expect him to respond anyway. If he does it will be after it is to late for me to make it and then claim he missed my e-mail or something.

Since I live about 40 miles from where the speakers are supposedly at, I have emailed the seller to ask if I can see them and listen to them. I will let you guys know what I see and hear or NOT see and hear, as the case may be. I have owned Lascalla's and now own Cornwalls, a Belle, and a pair of Cornerhorns so I should be able to get an idea of what this guy is selling. Hope to hear from him and report back soon.

• Moderators

[;)]

If he really has the speakers and is legit, we of course, do not have a problem with him selling. We do have a big problem with "guaranteed for life by Klipsch."

It was a little odd all around, though.

I've shipped a pair of La Scalas via UPS before. I had to remove the woofers to lower the weight, but with 2" of polystyrene foam with an inner and outer custom cardboard box, they come in just under the dimension limits.

Got some good looks coming through the UPS door with them.

Greg