Aussie from Melbourne has just been Klipsch'ed

geoffryprettyboy

G'day all,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and have just purchased my first Home Theatre setup. I have spent many hours on the net researching and made up my mind and purchased the following items;

RF 25 floorstands

RC 35 surrounds

RW 12 sub

RC 35 centre

and complementing these speakers is the Yamaha RXV 2600 and the Fujitsu Plasma P50XHA40US.

Listening to the speakers at the hi fi store, they were very impressive.........and powerful!

I was wondering how all of you would review my speaker setup and or the whole package.

I can't wait when they arrive.[:D]

g'day,

welcome to the forum!! I think you now have a quality HT setup to be proud of. Before it arrives use the search function to answer any little question you can think of. The Klipsch forrum is a treasure trove of info at your finger tips.

one quick tip on the Yamaha, if you dont have an spl meter(which you should) the YPOA auto setup will set your surrounds about 3dB too low, and I recommend setting the the auto eq to Front instead of flat. you'll see what I am talking about! Congrats

G'day Edwin, oh, know I understand what you mean about the source!

At the moment I have just a cheap LG DVD/VHS Combo, a Humax IRCI 5400Z, Foxtel Receiver (pay TV in Aus.), and at times my Benq A32 laptop.

I'll be upgrading in the near future to a Yamaha DVD player.

Are there any Yamaha DVD players ( or any other you might recommend) that also record, keeping in mind that I'm in Aus. and we might not have your latest components here.

Welcome to the madness Geoffry. You have a well-balanced system there. Why the RC's for surround though?

I agree with the YPAO comments. I have mine do the eq/balance based on the FRONT mains, tweak the balance a bit after the YPAO (crank the sub and center a bit), otherwise, it does a great job on the eq imho.

Michael

Welcome to the madness Geoffry. You have a well-balanced system there. Why the RC's for surround though?

I agree with the YPAO comments. I have mine do the eq/balance based on the FRONT mains, tweak the balance a bit after the YPAO (crank the sub and center a bit), otherwise, it does a great job on the eq imho.

Michael

Why the RC's? I thought I had to buy that piece as well, as per the 'Klipsch Reference Series' brochure. I automatically assumed you required that piece to give you the total 'sound' package.

Why do you ask colter?

Welcome to the forum, Geoffry.

Nice to have someone else from Oz dropping in.

Your list of ht gear sounds impressive. I've got the earlier RF3 fronts, RC3 centre and RS3 surrounds (and Axiom rear centre) mated up to a Yamaha 1300 receiver for quite awhile now and am really pleased with the overall sound quality. I was running it mostly for movies, but recently have been playing some dts encoded audio CDs like Sheryl Crow's Globe Sessions - whole new dimension again in 6:1 discrete.

Enjoy your system and stay in touch here on the forum. Audio enjoyment is subjective, a matter of personal taste and lots of fun. Here on the forum, you'll find a great sense of community and pick up interesting tips on setups, music, and meet people with similar interests. Here in the Valley, we say 'g'day' as well. Take care. Hamish

Are there any Yamaha DVD players ( or any other you might recommend) that also record, keeping in mind that I'm in Aus. and we might not have your latest components here.

I don't know much about this end of the market. Maybe someone else can recommend something.

BTW, I'm based in Australia too.

Michael

Why the RC's? I thought I had to buy that piece as well, as per the 'Klipsch Reference Series' brochure. I automatically assumed you required that piece to give you the total 'sound' package.

Why do you ask colter?

Perhaps it was a typo. Yes you should have the centre speaker RC35 under or over your screet for dialog channel. But you have listed RC35 (center) also for surround. Most guys use the RS (surround) or RB (bookshelf) series for that duty, although there are a few who enlist the center-designed speakers for that purpose.

So just wondering if you meant RS35 surrounds, or indeed were using RC's for that purpose, if so, why?

Heya mate,

I'm from Brisbane and i got Klipsched a few weeks ago and I'm still amazed at how well they sound, I went for the RB-35's in front and RC-35 for center and I'm waiting on another pair of RB-35's for rears (atm using AAD's bookshelfs).

I'm not sure if you got your system yet but if you find it too harsh just bear with them for about a week or so until they break in and they will sound a hell of a lot better. I basically let mine on a repeat CD when I went to work at low volume at first then louder the 2nd day and so on until after about 3-4 days came the weekend and gave them a bit of hell, because I got home late from work I had no chance to really listen to them but come the weekend I was amazed at the change the speakers went through, they are very smooth even for a horn spaeaker and I absolutely love them! You'll hear little sounds in movies and music that you never heard before, basically you end up just re-watching most DVD's with a grin on your face.

The Yamaha is a very smooth amp compared to the rest of the jap brigade that unless you spend big they sound very very harsh. The Yami also has a high current amp with a very good dampening factor so I'm glad you chosed it.

The best thing about being Klipsched? is when you walk in a HT store and you listen to the bling bling setups that cost twice what you paid and sound like *** and you can't stop but put a smirk on your face

I don't know much about this end of the market. Maybe someone else can recommend something.

BTW, I'm based in Australia too.

Mate if you find one let me know I'd be interested too

G'Day to ya! Welcome to the board and Klipsch!

I think I am the lone voice on the board (and I raise it every time I

get the chance!) for using a PC as a media server. You can get programs

to act as a front end for you to let you use it to switch between TV,

DVD, Recorded events (like Tivo but without the monthly fees!) You can

record with them, and to upgrade when Blue ray or some other format

comes along, is much less expensive than buying a new player!

You only need a mid pack PC ( 2.5 ghz or better) a higher mid level

video card (mine outputs in Svga, composite, S video, component, and HDMI) and

a sound card that will output digital optical audio (toslink). Let your

receiver do the decoding and you are in business.

You can get remote controls for the system or use a wireless mouse and

keyboard. I use my setup to drive a front projector. There is nothing

like doing your Internet surfing on a 100" dia screen! (~2.75m)!

Michael

Why do you ask colter?

Don't listen to Michael, you did FINE. A matching set all around is best.

DM

• 3 weeks later...

OK world, the day has arrived. I have finally received my HT package and it has left me with my mouth wide open. The quality off sound from this system is remarkable at absolutely cinema like. As to the DVD's of The Eagels - When Hell Freezes Over, and the 2nd scene from Saving Private Ryan, it has sent the dog back into her kennel..............heheheheheh.

The only slight hiccup is the waiting for my Yammy 2600, it's still being shipped, so my supplier has loaned me a Rotel RSX 1056, and it still sounds bloody fantastic. Can't wait for the Yammy, it's like going out with a chick for the first time..................I just can't wait.

As soon as I receive the Yammy, I will post a picture of my setup to let the world see.

One other questions, if anyone can answer, can anyone recommend any 'shit hot' dvd's (music or movies) that will sound awesome?

Does anyone have a link to any great sites that share this type of information?

Cheers, GPB.