F/S Forte II $350

MadDawg

I have a pair of Forte II speakers (Oak Oil #19 grill) in good shape forsale. There are a couple of very small knicks on the front edges - as would be expected with use - otherwise they are in excellent shape. They just didn't work out for what I wanted to do.

The serial numbers are: 0443918/u and 0443918/1.

I think that $350 is a fair price for forum members.

Pickup 50 miles East of Pensacola, FL.

Email - jmcc9@cox.net

MadDog, I just PM'd you getting first in line for these speakers. I'd like to do something else......

Forum Member Dtel did me a huge favor by picking up and holding some LaScalas for me recently. I'd like to give my place in line to his wife. If she's cool enough to put up with those monstrosities in her living room for a month, they both deserve the best opportunity possible to purchase your excellent Forte II's.

Mrs Dtel, These speakers would be wonderful in your home. They are one of the most well balanced Klipsch speakers ever made (nearly every guy here would tell you the same). They would only take up about a third of the floor space of those LaScalas you had and believe it or not, will sound as good or better (unless you try to get them REALLY loud). They would be wonderful for both music listening or movies. That you would even consider buying these for your husband for Christmas says a lot about you as a wife.

So please take my place in line and I hope some Forum member helps you out with pickup/delivery as much as you helped me out. I sincerely hope this works out for you both.

I'll wait for a pair closer to Indy. It's just the right thing to do in such a case. I'll get the speakers I'm supposed to have. These are meant for dtel. EDIT - I just looked it up 2 hours and 49 minute trip. Very cool ! Hope this happens for you.

Happy Holidays to all!

Michael

• Moderators

Michael,

This is dtel's wife...as I said before those LaScalas could have sat in my living room as long as necessary. It was an honor that you would allow us the priviledge of picking them up for you. Not to mention that we got to preview them also. Thank you for the opportunity.

Our first experience with Klipsch was the Synergy SB 3, SC 1 and SS 1, which we were totally happy with. Then after reading and gaining knowledge from all of you guys, we purchased a pair of Forte ll's, with the hopes of getting another pair of Forte II's for the rear and an Academy or another single Forte II for the center channel. The Forte's seem to be right for us at this time.

Your generosity in allowing us to take your place in line will result in my brother-in-law being given all of our Synergy speakers. Prior to Hurricane Katrina he had offered to purchase the Synergy speakers. My brother-in-law, his wife, mother and three children had a house in Bay St. Louis, Missisissippi. They lost everything. Thier house should be completed (rebuilt) just before Christmas and we will be giving him the Synergy speakers for Christmas. My brother in law and his family spent Mother's Day this year with us and he was so excited to have the chance to purchase the speakers (once we got our 2nd set of Forte's).

Your kindness will be appreciated beyond dtel and I. This really means a lot to me personally, more than I could ever express to you. Thank you.

• Moderators

It really was a screwup ,SORRY,i went back and changed all of them to make it a little better also emailed Amy to fix.

When i went back i did see the post count never changed so i know she never hit {post} a bunch of times.

Michael i just wanted to THANK YOU it was really nice of you to do that. If you ever need anything please let me know I will help any way i can.

My wife called and Maddawg was very nice ,and everything is set up for this weekend.

I am very impressed by all of this and from other events I have read

about as I've become familiar with this forum. Ordinary folks doing

extraordinary things for others. Thats what life should be all about.

Thank you!

Now, running the risk of that last message being construed as

self-serving, may I just ask: Is it unusual for other members to offer

their used equipment for sale on the forum before going on ebay for

example? Well, let me throw out this request if that is

appropriate. When I first saw the offer to obtain a pair of Forte IIs

for $350 my heart jumped. (As some of you know I have a new/old 2

channel setup with Sansui & Yamaha equipment and new RF-35s and now want to have

great sound in my office and master bedroom as well.) I am happy

with/and for all involved in this transaction and at the way it turned

out. Being up here in Montana shipping would have been

imperative.........and all that that entails so even if I had gotten

here first I might not have been able to complete the deal to the

sellers satisfaction.

So, is it possible that someone else has a similar pair of speakers or

knows of a set in excellent condition that I could purchase? I am in no

great hurry and could wait for the seller to get his/her/their new

speakers before shipping mine or whatever it entailed. Naturally I

would pay all costs up front since you barely know me. Please let

me know. Thank you very much.