SEAHAWKS @ EAGLES

m00n

So, Seattle has no defense........ Yeah! Only three defensive touchdows for Seattle and a total of six turnovers in Seattle's favor.

I had to work tonight and was unhappy that I missed the game. I laughed myself silly on the way home when the score was announced. A good friend said that he would take the points and the Eagles....oops!

The game that will be interesting will be Indy at Seattle, preview of the Superbowl.

Bill

I'm surprised at the huge blowout. I thought it'd be close.

Congrats, m00n. It looks like your 'hawks have finally arrived.

The Rams are a mess, the Cardinals are...well, they're the Cardinals. At least Chicago is looking tough. I guess from here on I'm pulling for da Bears and the Chiefs.

Seattle/Chicago= a fun game to watch. I thought the Bears were gonna kill poor Brett Favre.[;)] Bears better find an offense however. I think they ought to be thinking about getting Rex Grossman ready to play if he's healed. The QB needs to be a more than just along for the ride to get to the Superbowl.

yeah a hawks / bears game would be good. better yet, hawks and colts. I think the hawks are coming around and will give the colts a little trouble when they meet in Seattle in a few weeks. And you know people are going to want to see that game. People are going to want to see #1 and #2 go at it.

If the hawks don't make it to the show this year, I fully expect them to make it next season. Good strong young defense will only get better. Ah and I think Darrel Jackson their #1 receiver is back in the game this coming week. He's been out damn near all season with a knee injury.

"Bears better find an offense however. I think they ought to be thinking about getting Rex Grossman ready to play if he's healed. The QB needs to be a more than just along for the ride to get to the Superbowl."

If one is to believe what Coach Lovie and the Bears are saying to the press, Rex won't be entering action anytime soon. The Bears look at it this way - Orton has more game experience than Rex (12 for Orton - 6 for Rex) - and Orton has an 8 game winning streak. Putting Rex in, while possessing a better long term upside, may not produce the best short term results.

So Rex will compete for starting job next year (and will likely win that job) - but the Bears have no plan to install Rex unless something goes wrong (either injury to Orton, or a stretch of losses).

The NFC picture has much in question, particularly in regards to seeding. I'm not picking an NFC representative in the Super Bowl until I see the brackets. I do think the Seahawks and Giants have the edge - but let's see how the NFC finishes. Don't forget about Tampa and Carolina, either. That conference is wiiiiiiiiide open.......

Smith did say he's sticking with Orton, but I still think it may be a mistake. I believe they are going to have to be able to generate more offense to go deep into the playoffs. Grossman is extremely talented even if he has less game experience and the Bears ought to think about trying to work him in to knock off some of the rust so he's ready to come in just in case they find themselves in a game where they get a couple of touchdowns behind and Orton ends up struggling to try and win it for them instead of just managing it.