WTB TT for daughter

st. patrick

Hello all, I recently purchased a VPI Scout which I think Santa will bring to me for Christmas. My 2nd daughter has first dibs on all my duplicate vinyl, but has no TT. This morning she mentioned a used TT as a possible Christmas present if I was still short of ideas (subtle hint, eh?). Her system is modest, as of yet, consisting of a Pioneer SX 780 and KG 4's (but she may just end up with the Heresy's currently in my office) and close to 100 lp's from me.

So my querry is: are any of you getting a new TT for Christmas and, if so, do you want to sell your otherwise good condition TT? . . . . . or do you have a 2nd TT in good condition with which you want to part?? If so, please pm or email me.

Thanks, Patrick

bumpity bump . . . . . good thing I am not the sensitive type, 'cause otherwise I'd be thinking y'all be ignoring me . . . . . . or, as goodguy mikecolterphoto would say, I am not feeling the love . . . . .

by the same token, i am following the other thread on TT's under $500.00 and enjoying it . . . .

Patrick,

Just don't get her a Technics.[;)]

How much do you want to spend? Is she a tweaker? Probably not.

Whatever you do, buy local so you don't have to put it together on Christmas Eve! I can see you now at 3am Christmas morning trying to figure out why you have all those leftover parts.[:$]

Patrick,

I can see you now at 3am Christmas morning trying to figure out why you have all those leftover parts.[:$]

Hey, so that was you (and not Santa's elves) peeking through my windows on all those past Christmas's! Been there, done that! My problem was getting the coaster brake to work correctly after putting on the training wheels .. . .

Ideally I was thinking $300 ish, maybe a used MMF, Denon, etc . . . .. . she is the second of 5, and I can't show favoritism, so whatever additional I spend on her I also have to spend on the other 4 . . . . . although she is the only one that thinks my "nutty" hobby is cool, and she did buy me some new vinyl, . . .. and maybe the others won't notice . . .. . not a chance .. .

Hi there,on ww.audiogon.com there's a used Music Hall MM4-5 for $350,that's $50 over u'r limit but I believe that's a very good bargain.

Or do a google search for Ken Drescher audio.net he sells vintage stuff in minty shape,I've bought a few things from him the past,he's a very good dealer and sells great stuff.He really knows his stuff and only sells minty condition gear. That dual turntable he has looks nice! also check out the turntable factory,a google search too,sorry I don't have the links. Joel at the turntable factory sells tables for under $300 too.

Cheers,

Robert

I've got a couple of direct drive TT"s from the 70's and I'd be happy

to let one go. They work fine but major problem, no cart

So if you have a spare cartridge you can get her into decent sound for zero ducats.

The B&O Turntables are neat, in how precision their transport is, but MAN are they finicky. That wierd single rocking button for the transport control can get confused/messed up real easy. I had two of em and the transports went out on both of them. Also, the mute switch gets funky. I routinely had one channel cut out intermittently. Not a good one for a newbie to vinyl. Recommend a good solid one from the 70's. Those things will just keep going.

Also: There's a Music Hall MM-5 for $350 on Audiogon:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1139260284

That's probably gonna be my next TT, as mine bit the dust. Dang electronic speed control. Never again.

-Jon

Hello all, I recently purchased a VPI

Scout which I think Santa will bring to me for Christmas. My

2nd daughter has first dibs on all my duplicate vinyl, but

has no TT. This morning she mentioned a used TT as a possible

Christmas present if I was still short of ideas (subtle hint,

eh?). Her system is modest, as of yet, consisting of a

Pioneer SX 780 and KG 4's (but she may just end up with the Heresy's

currently in my office) and close to 100 lp's from me.

So my

querry is: are any of you getting a new TT for Christmas and, if

so, do you want to sell your otherwise good condition TT? .

. . . . or do you have a 2nd TT in good condition with which you want

to part?? If so, please pm or email me.

Thanks, Patrick

I have one of these, in near perfect condition. You can have it for $100 plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/denondp30l/denondp30l.htm