Amy & Trey to the rescue....... A HUGE Thank You!!!

cyclonecj

Most everyone here knows that I have been slowly
converting the high school where I work to an all Klipsch campus, but I have had
many problems getting the new theater converted. Between all of the politics of
the school district, & many local
dealer problems, I have been working on this for almost 2
years.

However, Thanks to Amy & Trey, I just had a palette of Klipsch
Pro's delivered to my school.

I had
3 different local dealers come by for an estimate, & the first 2 gave us OUTRAGEOUS prices. I then called a local dealer that I got from the Klipsch
website. I made sure this guy knew I was
all Klipsch, & yet 4 days after his
visit
, he e-mails me & says he wants to bring in a JBL tech to do an
estimate..........[:(]

I sent the email to Amy, & the next day I was
contacted by Chuck, from Hope. After speaking
with him, he
put me in contact with David from American Cinema Equip in Portland. This company does all of the
larger Klipsch work on the west coast. David flew up from Beverly Hills, where
they were installing a new system there. He had a look at my theater, and wrote us an
EXCELLENT quote.

3 weeks later we approved his quote
& he will be flying in tomorrow to
install a 9 speaker system in my school theater. This includes 6 KPT-250's, 3 on each side, & a set of 3 of the discontinued KI-362's for the
front
, that Chuck had stored in Hope.

After 2 years of struggles,
it really is a good feeling to have this going forward. My admin staff is
thrilled, as well as the parents club that is funding this.
I am convinced that without the help of our wonderful
reps at Klipsch, this would never have happened.

Bryan

Like my Grandpa used to say 'THAT'S WHAT I CALL SERVICE"

Lets see...

Local dealers are outrageous or wont listen to your preferred tastes.

Klipsch contacts nearby but hardly local contractor who FLIES OUT to make the bid

Klipsch vendor quotes a better system than anyone else for less money

Klipsh employees scour the back stock in factory to make it happen for client

Everything arrives in good time

Vendor FLIES IN to complete the installation.

This is absolutely exemplary service in every aspect of the word. I suggest that a very well worded letter of thanks go out on School stationery to the Klipsch employees to be placed in their personnel files.

Oh, and thanks for those PALLET photos. I could feel my salivary glands let go when I saw them. drool, drool[:S][8-|]

More photos of the installation please!

Michael

Those KI 362's are some bad mamma-jamma speakers 9 NINE ply construction, K52's with titanium diaphrams mounted on tractrix horns, yeah baby. Even tractrix and titanium on the tweeters. Nice fly hardware and Neutrik speakons,

Must be Heaven in CA right now!

Good job keeping the faith and not taking any $#!t from administration!

So when do you do the band room? The Gym?

I've seen the setup you use for the marching band outdoors LSI's. That school rocks!

Michael

Michael... The Gym & both music rooms have had La Scala's for almost 2 years now. The band director now has a pair of Heresys at home, & the former principal has a full Synergy surround at home.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the GMX-2.1 system I have in my office!

I will be starting a new thread for the install work..... with LOTS of pics!

yes, let's see pics of the installation! Probably going to be one of the best school theatre audio setups in the state - comparable to a lot of colleges. I can never express how much I love the klipsch pro gear.

Btw, your experiences sound about normal....the majority of the "professional" audio installers out there just don't have a clue on so many levels.

I don't understand the engineering. The speaker compliment seems to support some sort of surround system like a movie theatre, but isn't an auditorium like this generally PA type use? Will the ranks of KPT250's be set up on delays so the sounds from all speakers reach the listeners at the same time?

Michael

EDIT.... This is not just an basic auditorium....It is a fully equiped

theater, including 2 large screens, overhead projector, etc. It gets used for everything.......

There will be a digital processor installed later for movies etc, but for now the surround speakers will only be wired to a patch board. We still do stagecraft training, so students will be learning how to patch the speakers to the amps as well as the mixer to the amp inputs.

For an example, during the last play, we needed an OWL sound to come from the upper left side, so I placed a monitor on the catwalk & connected it to a patch on the wall. I gave the students running the sound the connector number & the schematic for the system. They had to patch it all the way to the mixer & then make the owl recording come from only that speaker....

It will also be nice to have various sounds move around the room, and again, they will have to figure out how to wire it.

A few times, when they get to feeling a bit too proud, I will unplug a piece of equipment & tell them it just burned out. Since the show must go on, how are you going to make the system work around the problem??

OK....this afternoon, I finally got the hear part of the system, & all I can say is that I want to double what I said in my first post. [:D][:D]

Trey: I dont know if you remember, but when we were at the Jazz Kitchen having dinner, you pointed up at the 362's & said "These are the speakers you need for that system. Too bad they are discontinued".

Where there's a will, there's a way!