Does voice matching really matter? pt 2

hillbilly

Yes, yes and yes. I posted my question a few weeks back which led to me buying a KV-4 to match my CF-3's from wstrickland. It was a signifigant upgrade from the little Sony I had which accounts for some of my amazement. However, it goes beyond that. When sounds pan from L to R it used to be clear that the center was different. Now it's very seemless. I've even begun to like music in the DTS Music setting on my Yamaha. Before I only liked to listen to music in 2 channel. (it is still my favorite) Now I want matching Klipsh all the way around. [:D]

post-19752-13819278318284_thumb.jpg

disregard the question I asked in the other thread, didn't see this one first.

Well, cool, glad it worked out. I see my pack job was more than sufficient as you said. It looks good up there, not too big! Man, you need those CF 1s from Frawley, you'll be one happy dude. Then get gbrlex's KV4 for 6.1 Epic, and heck, it's still worth the extra hundred he's asking (people think I'm an a-hole cuz I LOVE to screw w/ peep's heads,but I do give good deals). Anyway, I'm really glad someone got it that will utilize it to it's fullest, which is between 2 Epics, a place it has never been. And cool how it worked out.....I sell an amp to sunburnwillie for a good deal, I buy a RC7 for a good deal, I sell you a KV4 for a good deal..........the World is round, Christobal!!!

Well, cool, glad it worked out. I see my pack job was more than sufficient as you said. It looks good up there, not too big! Man, you need those CF 1s from Frawley, you'll be one happy dude. Then get gbrlex's KV4 for 6.1 Epic, and heck, it's still worth the extra hundred he's asking (people think I'm an a-hole cuz I LOVE to screw w/ peep's heads,but I do give good deals). Anyway, I'm really glad someone got it that will utilize it to it's fullest, which is between 2 Epics, a place it has never been. And cool how it worked out.....I sell an amp to sunburnwillie for a good deal, I buy a RC7 for a good deal, I sell you a KV4 for a good deal..........the World is round, Christobal!!!

It's sunburnwilly with a y , you big lug ... [:P] ps It's hard to believe wstrickland was taken , why the 1 ? [*-)]

You guys rock! I wouldn't have believed it until I heard it. I was watching an Eric Clapton dvd recently at a soundshop on all Klipsch reference, and now I want to to hear it at home. I think I've easily got that much sound in my little living room. It turns out recently I was talking to a friend of mine who had been on a job putting fire sprinklers into the Klipsch factory. He told me about the listening rooms they had. He said that they had these rooms, with no doors, that when you walked into them it was dead silent. In the middle of the factory. Cool. Thanks wstrickland, and I like the pic colter. Too bad we live too far apart to get together over a pint and talk sound. I'm going to timbre match all the way as the funds become available.

Bose..... "Better sound through research" Should be "Better sound through marketing" lol

Ian

It's sunburnwilly with a y , you big lug ... [:P] ps It's hard to believe wstrickland was taken , why the 1 ? [*-)]

Dayummm it is. My bad. My wife says I'm an idiot, too. I mean, like at work, I'm one of the better managers, excellent problem solver, work out major screwed up details, sell and manage multi-million dollar HVAC projects all over SC, NC and GEorgia, but anywhere and everywhere else, I'm clueless as hell, a moron if you will. Possibly due to years of recreational drug use, some genetics and exhaustion. ANd the 1 thing, lmfao, it's my e-mail address so when I joined (to ask a question about my POS pro-media 4.1 amp) that's what I used. I had no idea that it would actually become a handle. Had I know that, maybe it would have been somethin like Gamecock Bill, or maybe gcocks1. Aah'ite den, I need to go run some instantaneous loads for an optical laboratory going up in NE Richland County. The mechanical engineers need my input in designing the 100% outside air systems. Those can be very tricky and it is very important that we select equipment with enough latent capacity and and reheat capability.

Peace

ANd the 1 thing, lmfao, it's my e-mail address so when I joined (to ask a question about my POS pro-media 4.1 amp) that's what I used. I had no idea that it would actually become a handle.

yeah, that's what I did, my brain is so fried that I can't remember a single 'nother login or password, they're all the same. It's okay, we'll get to know ya for who you really are soon enough.

M

Yes, yes and yes. I posted my question a few weeks back which led to me buying a KV-4 to match my CF-3's from wstrickland. It was a signifigant upgrade from the little Sony I had which accounts for some of my amazement. However, it goes beyond that. When sounds pan from L to R it used to be clear that the center was different. Now it's very seemless. I've even begun to like music in the DTS Music setting on my Yamaha. Before I only liked to listen to music in 2 channel. (it is still my favorite) Now I want matching Klipsh all the way around. [:D]

I am glad that timbre matching has restored the sound stage for you.

Nothing more exasperating than not being able to hear dialog in its proper ratio to the front towers.

I realize you are limited by the size of the room but I would find a way to move the furniture and equipment so that it is more symetrically placed and give those great front speakers some room to breathe (further from the walls, front and sides).

Such a small room is going to have difficulties managing all that base without some help. You may find that some acoustic treatments will improve the sound more than timbre matching the speakers.

If you have setup the Yamaha with an SPL meter, you should be well on your way to better sound for your home.

Gamecock Bill huh . All this time I thought you were a Clemson fan . " Don't you have an IPTAY sticker on the back of your truck ? "

no, I think you saw my "Baby on Board" sign. It's right next to the sticker that says "Don't laugh Meester, you're daughter might be in here"

Hey, sunnysal will like this one:

I

Pay

Ten

Athletes a

Year

Timbre-matched speakers (which naturally involves staying with a particular manufacturere) is the golden-goose for the speaker companies, just like when stereo first came in...

But you gotta do it - mismatched speakers sound bad and irritate rather than entertain.

DM