Born2rockU's BALDWIN - Hell Freezes Over !

Born2RockU

Hell Freezes over indeed.

B2RU, I think this is what you told me when I was trying to get you to sell me this amp.

For anyone that is interested, this is one very good sounding amp. Built like a battleship, too.

I have no financial interest in the amp, but want to say it is indeed a sleeper and one fine amp.

A bang for the buck champ, IMO.

It's original life was in a Baldwin organ. It is vintage. Originally a "two channel" mono amp. One channel dedicated to HF one channel dedicated to LF. It's been refurbed into a stereo amp. Very cool.

Hell Freezes over indeed.

B2RU, I think this is what you told me when I was trying to get you to sell me this amp.

For anyone that is interested, this is one very good sounding amp. Built like a battleship, too.

I have no financial interest in the amp, but want to say it is indeed a sleeper and one fine amp.

A bang for the buck champ, IMO.

It's original life was in a Baldwin organ. It is vintage. Originally a "two channel" mono amp. One channel dedicated to HF one channel dedicated to LF. It's been refurbed into a stereo amp. Very cool.

DADDY DEE,

You are correct ;I swore I would NEVER sell this amp. Therefore Hell had to have frozen over.

This Baldwin was my first tube amp purchase ever...and has sentimental (sp?) value to me.

You know it is a sad day in "RockU" land, when I must sell this sleeper-of-an-amp.

Whom-ever invests in this Baldwin will not be disappointed.

I wish everyone on the Klipsch forum could have a listen to this one !

And, I pray the purchaser has Klipsch speakers,

...so he can hear how clean and true this Stereo Tube amp is !

Thanx for all the kind words about the amp.

And YES,.... it is build like a battleship !

WOW-

I never knew so many people on the Klipsch forum were interested in my Baldwin.

By the amount of inquiries, it looks like somone from the Klispch forum will end up owning this GEM.

Are 6L6 amps generally well thought of as I am still considering picking up a friends webster electric 6L6 monoblocks from an organ. They require some work of course.

Seti,

Yeh, 6L6 has a sweet sound. It was one of these Baldwin amps that helped get higher powered amps up on my radar screen. before that, I had been happy enough with SET to not do anything else. I'd even taken a pass on a Cary Rocket 88, which I'd owned for a short time and passed on.

There is also a cool factor with a 50 year old amp sounding so good.

It's on its way in fifteen minutes. Sad to see this beauty go, but it has found a happy home !!!

Thanx Jeff for the smooth transaction !!

Thanks Craig, and oldtimer. Craig it was a pleasure dealing and talking with you. I sent Craig an email before the auction was over.

Letting him know I was not going to lose out to a hillbilly that was going to use it with a pair of Bose speakers.

I may need some help from you folks in the future. This is my first time with tubes. I guess I picked a good one to start out with.

Jeff

Thanks Craig, and oldtimer. Craig it was a pleasure dealing and talking with you. I sent Craig an email before the auction was over.

Letting him know I was not going to lose out to a hillbilly that was going to use it with a pair of Bose speakers.

I may need some help from you folks in the future. This is my first time with tubes. I guess I picked a good one to start out with.

Jeff

Oh...you definitely are off to a good start, for a first Tube amp.

But, I would strongly suggest getting yourself a tube preamp (maybe a Scott 130, or Scott LC-21) to complement the Baldwin. Contact NOSValves for assistance on any SCOTT product.

You can't lose Tube on Tube !

Enjoy,...and again it was my pleasure in dealing w/ you.