It is not live sound that causes hearing damage . .

coda

Ah, Townshend patting himself on the back some more.....I submit IMHO that he has neither invented nor refined anything.

Not a big "Who" fan then huh!

I was well into them in my teens. Tommy and Quadrephenia were 2 of my all time favorite albums - probably still are - but I haven't listened to them in a loooong time.

Got both on vinyl - of course. Actually got both versions of Tommy - the Who only one - and the everyone wants some one.

No problem jpm, but I still stand by what I said. Whether you like the who or not, what did townshend help invent? He played guitar in a popular rock band, but if you remember the thread on guitar players a while back I don't recall him being mentioned with the greats like Page, Hendrix, etc.

I can totally understand and do agree w/ Pete.

Working the studio w/ headphones can rip your ears apart. Doing the work I do, it is scary the day after, when I go back in the studio and realize what level I had my headphones at.

Its so sad how my love for music has destroyed my hearing....

Beware of headphone volumes after twenty minutes or more of listening loud.

Being exposed to loud noise causes hearing loss, gradually, whether due to hearing music, machinery, or noise pollution; if you don't protect your ears you'll be deaf.

In clubs, at concerts and events music and audio is recklessly amplified to damaging levels, with utter disregard of the consequences. This should not be allowed to continue.

Being exposed to loud noise causes hearing loss, gradually, whether due to hearing music, machinery, or noise pollution; if you don't protect your ears you'll be deaf.

In clubs, at concerts and events music and audio is recklessly amplified to damaging levels, with utter disregard of the consequences. This should not be allowed to continue.

Couldn't agree more - to add insult to injury - it is more often than not, also very poor fidelity, in large part, due to room anomalies.