Poll: When I listen to my Klipsch speakers ...

Deang

I have been using an RB 1090 to power my RF7s and have been very pleased with them as well.

But... I began an upgrade binge and now have a new preamp that, with its greater resolution and detail, has my RF7s sounding bright, forward-er, and occasionally harsh.

The 1090 has a fairly warm top end so the brightness was tolerable - until I swapped amps.

Now the brightness really is noticeable and I have been driven by whip crack sibilance to have Dean upgrade the Xovers.

The new amp made an incredible improvement in soundstage, detail and freq. extension. It's been a very great improvement. But those ss and ts at 90dbl. Piercing, they were. Painful.

Dean's going to fix that. Right? Dean?[:)]

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a little harsh sometimes. Usually at high volumes. I admit I haven't replaced caps in the crossover yet. To be completely honest, my Cornwalls are stacked in a corner unconnected. [:$]

I've been enjoying the sound of my recently discovered Altec Lansing's. What people say about the 811b horn is true. Although it rolls off around 12K (remedied with a modern driver I suppose) it sounds very smooth and even. So clear and detailed. I think I'm falling in love with this sound. I almost hate to hook up the CW's and ruin it.

I'm goint to do an HT with them all. I need to find a center channel. Thinking of using another 811b horn and some woofer in a ported enclosure. Of course if I found a pair of Khorns I would use them as the front and the CW's as the rear and the Altec as center since they "lay down".

-Mark

I LOVE my system just the way it..... er, wonder what the bass bins sound like out-of-phase? Now its PERFec... umm, maybe I'll try these biwire cables. Sounds GOOD! Now I'm satisfi... what if I switched out these tubes for those? MUCH BETTER! I'm so HAPP.... hey, I'm gonna bridge these amps and try them as monoblocks. WOW! It couldn't possibly get bett... says here that digital amps are the bomb! HOLY JEEZ! that really did the trick. Well now it sounds GREA... what was I thinking?! - the bass bins sound much better in-phase... and so on.

I'm almost always happy with the sound and I'm always sure that it can be better. -Bryan

Hey classichits, I feel about my Heresy II's just like how you feel about your's purchased brand new in 1985 I have kept them in pretty darned good shape a rub here and there with Old English on the oiled walnut veneer has kept my Heresy's looking great ! The "sound" is still there fellas . Putting years of jazz fusion, Rock , Classical, and an occasional Opera cd has kept my pair of 2 channel beauties sounding better than ever. Poundin' the horns and tweeters with 2 ohms and an A Class Integrated Amp by JVC , a Denon D-Drive t-table, Nakamichi singledeck (studio model) CR-3.Still 'kickin 'It "with Chrome and Metal Cassettes. I have a metal tape recording of Robert Cray's song Smokin' Gun and I have still yet to determine whether or not to just have the Nakamichi put up to make room for a new Media Player with the 240 gigs of Hardrive that is all the rage with sound and vision (Home Theater). The Heresy's with the KSW-10 ,ss-5 rears , and the Ctr. channels, all Klipsch,of course, round out the demands for a simple 5.1 set-up with all the digital processing and the Dolby Digital , DTS 5.1 and THX experiences for a "rumble" of a home theater experience one can expect from Klipsch Home Theater speaker product. Undeniably, the best in 2 channel . It's as though you were in a real concert.Your home comes alive.

I use my LS at home time to time. When I do weddings and parties as a DJ,

that's when I really get to enjoy the LaScalas. I have had people say they got

better speakers then I do, I just tell to put there money were there mouth is.

As far as I amn concern, if you are not using klipsch, your just making noise.

I was going to shut down my DJ buisness this year and sell my LSs, but thing have

turned around. If all goes well, I will purchhase a second pair of LSs and another

Mitsubishi DA-A15 power amp.

When i listen to my Klipsch speakers.....................................................

Modified or original ?

Ben

Yes. I blew the poll -- I was only interested about stock speakers. I have no way of knowing out of the respondants who have modified Klipsch and who doesn't. The participation level is disappointing too -- 118 total votes with almost 1300 views.