Need advice on speakers and placement in limited space please.

BigBusa

Here's my living room that I'm trying to create a decent HT system in. It's not a big room as you can see. Not livin' in a mansion like some of you guys either. The couch is against the rear wall. I'm hoping someone can suggest a set of rear speakers and a rear center to go with what you see there and my soon to be arriving Onyko 787. I'd like to continue the Klipsch theme Smile.gif No cheap imitations! Smile.gif

Oh and that 9 year old Sony 27" TV has gotta go too. I'm wondering what kind of 36" TV I can purchase for around $1300. I found a new Sony Wega KV-36FS13 36"FD for $1078. Good TV? http://store.yahoo.com/shopsunshine/sonkv36fdtri2.html

Thanks

-Don

------------------

?

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 10-19-2001 at 05:05 PM

Is that radiant heat on the ceiling?? I've never seen that before.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

No comment on speaker placement since, well, i don't really know, but on the tv..

>Oh and that 9 year old Sony 27" TV has gotta go too. >I'm wondering what kind of 36" TV I can purchase for >around $1300. I found a new Sony Wega KV-36FS13 36"FD >for $1078. Good TV?

I have a KV-36FV27 (same family line, just a few steps up). Very nice TV, I have a Panasonic TAU (sp?) and a JVC iART to compare it too, and i like the Wega/Vega (depending on ur interpretation of Sony's logo)... but no HDTV support.

If what i've read is correct, progressive scan requires a 480p compatible television (which the model you are looking at, isn't) . The TV has vibrant color, I've ran a good range of dvd movies on in on an above average dvd player, crisp clear, I enjoy it a lot. I also prefer sony's tv menu systems to JVC/Panasonic as well.

But if i'm right about progressive & hdtv, you might want to spend a bit more and future proof a bit.

This message has been edited by Vaystrem on 10-19-2001 at 11:44 PM

I have a Sony 36" VEGA,great TV.The whole lineup looks great,for the price you cant go wrong.

For the rear speakers you could try the SB-3's and a SC-1 center.Quite compact and you get plenty of Klipsch slam to match the front.The sourrounds are alot closer to you then the front.So you dont need BIG monsters unless you would built a HT system in a very large room.

Some classic Klipsch could also bring an even better match(anybody with an idea?).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

WOW

That photo was like looking at my front, home theater!

Id have to admit, the room is smaller than mine!

You would have a hard time hearing the rear channel, sitting beside them SO,

You will not have cornwalls for rear!

What i would do, is buy a set of heresys, hang them above the couch, and angle them down!

Hang them, with chains, or set them on a plank hung by chains!

Very nice cornwalls, and academy!

That is a weird heater on the ceiling!

Regards Jim