la scala build?

carolinacat

What about building the 1/4 pies that Claude has and then buying the EV horns Mark has?

Great idea :) but thread is Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:56 PM :unsure:

OOPs.. I didn't catch that Sancho had bumped it from the past.

much cheaper than building, though

Not by much if you have the time...

1. Buy 4 EV horns from Mark for $400

2. Buy 2 MiniDSPs for $250 complete or for less in kit form or you could use Audyssey for free from your AVR until you can buy something better

3. Buy 4 woofers for around $400

4. Build 4 1/4 pie bass bins for $400-$500 in plywood... I think 6 sheets are required and someone said they found some for $55 a sheet which would be $330

Total could be around $1130 if you have Audyssey and can get a good deal on the plywood.

• Like 2

Im still plainig to build them just not all at once. I plan to make 1 pair very soon. As far as componets, I am thinkin as of now to use Mr. Bob's k77 tweeter, k55 drivers, ALK Trachorn k33 woffers and the ALK universal crossovers. I figure roughly 1500 to build a pair like this not including the cost of wood or any other little things.

If you're cutting wood and going with custom mids and what not, consider building a set of Jub clones. If your wanting a ported box, look at a Cornscala that Bob offers in many different setups. He will build them for you if you like as well. Used, stock, Industrial La Scalas will be hard to beat as far as cost effectiveness goes and like someone else mentioned, will be very marketable if you choose to sell in the future.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/cornscala.html

kristennylend_med.jpeg

Edited by Max2
  • Like 1