29Hz-21kHz +/-3dB

POWER HANDLING:
250W RMS / 1000W Peak

SENSITIVITY:
100dB @ 2.83V / 1m

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:
8 ohms compatible

HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS:
1.25" (3.2cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90x60 square Tractrix® Horn

HIGH FREQ CROSSOVER:
1650Hz

LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS:
Triple 8" (20.3cm) High-output Cerametallic cone woofers

ENCLOSURE TYPE:
Bass-reflex via triple rear-firing ports

HEIGHT:
49.6" (126cm) (w/feet)

WIDTH:
9.25" (23.5cm)

DEPTH:
20.5" (52.1cm)

WEIGHT:
100lbs (45.4kg)

FINISHES:
Cherry or Black Ash wood veneer

BUILT FROM:

The thing that stood out to me was the height, its 4 plus inches taller than the R7s. The horns will definitely be over a typical listener's head when sitting. Might make it easier to get the center horn lined up to the same or closer height? anyway look forward to hearing them.

The thing that stood out to me was the height, its 4 plus inches taller than the R7s. The horns will definitely be over a typical listener's head when sitting. Might make it easier to get the center horn lined up to the same or closer height? anyway look forward to hearing them.

All the better, I actually prefer my tweeters to be on the high side of a seated listeners ear...

the dispertion will still cover you just fine when seated, and do much better when standing...

I have been "a/b" ing the speakers all day since i cracked open the boxes at 9am this morning. They definitely sound different. I would certainly say that the RF-83s sound more natural than the rf-7s. The tweeter is an obvious improvement over the rf-7s tweeter. I mean dramatic, it's much tamer, and has a much smoother sound. Now, that being said, the horn and tweeter, being smaller on the RF-83, does not, in my opinion, do as well of a job on the mid-upper range vocal extension. To me, the RF-7 is much louder, and more front stage focused than the rf-83 (one con to a deep cabinet is staging, it's a long way from the speaker to the rear port). Those who like loud, rock, hip-hop, or even pure vocal music, might find it hard to depart from the RF-7 to the RF-83. Those who listen to softer, smoother, more detailed music will certainly appreciate the subtle, but forceful (the three eights can slam!!!) and more natural tones of the rf-83.

Whoop Dee Doo specs specs paper specs.

I am very afraid but the RF7's are still THE Reference series reference speakers,I'll nab a pair of these RF83's and compare directly with my RF7's. Just to make sure,I am disapointed with the plastic facade,looks cheap.

I can see the target for Klipsch with these designs,non audiophile,non purist masses who have receivers. The RF5's look a mile better in my book.

Now complaining aside,I will give them a try and listen all ears open wide.

"knife-edge" back means that the back connects to the sides like the sides connect to the top (one continuous box). It "continues" around vs. the back being a panel attached to the box like the rf-7. I am a dealer in GA, and i received my RF-83s today.

Thanks for the clarification as well as the pics in the other thread that show the knife edge back. I anxious to hear the nre Refs!