Poll: rf-83 vs. b&w 703

bigdogcanada

Until we get to hear the new RF line (most dealers don't have them yet) it would be very hard to compare. I suggest you find a dealer and take a listen and let YOUR ears be the judge. Both are good products with attention to detail but in the end its your ears that will decide, not the opinion of others.

scooter

I agree with scooter. Anybody that votes for either one without hearing the two side-by-side is a complete ding-dong. [:)]

Tom

Then you didn't understand my rationale for the ringing endorsement for a Klipsch product on their forum. [;)] If I skewed the results, I apologize. { edit: of course scooterdog is right!}

I've not heard the RF-83, but I did own B&W 703's for about a year. They are extremely well-engineered and well-made. Plus, they sound very sweet, too. I preferred their sound over then-current RF series, but I don't know that they were actually better in any objective way -- just my preference. They have a more three-dimensional, less in-your-face sound. Fantastic for acoustic music, maybe not the hot ticket for ze' rok'und'roll.

The HTM-7 center speaker definitely is lame for $750. Especially considering it doesn't even use the same mid driver as the 703 - bummer. -A good match for the other 700 series, though (704 & 705).