transporting

jcmusic

No they are worn out already and you will replace them im sure....only worry about stopping them from sliding when some idiot pulls out in front of you...lol...you got a pic of these babies?Click on my name and see my old K-Horn project you can see how mine looked last year...omg...but now they are sweeties in new K-Horn project part 2.Rick

You won't be able to see to drive if you transport them lying face down . . . oh; you mean the speakers would be lying face down.

Seriously, face down for the bass bins is best. The weight of the woofers is supported by the motorboards, rather than the bolts. I would remove the tops (a couple of wing nuts) and allow them to travel in their normal orientation; thus avoiding concern about leaking capacitors.

Irrespective of leaking caps, I agree with Rick. At a minimum, the caps in the networks should be replaced. I suggest just new caps to establish a baseline. Contact BEC. More exotic networks could follow.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Slamming on the brakes to avoid an idiot is a real concern. Fortunately, when I was collecting a pair of Cornwalls, they were well padded and stowed against the bulkhead in the van so that they did not move forward when I had to lock up the binders to avoid a sudden maneuver by a signal-challenged lane-changer.

I don't know about the 'face down' position. The face is the decorative side. I'd only do this if you had a completely clean blankie under them on a completely flat surface, otherwise, you're likely to scratch up the veneer. They'd also be prone to sliding about if you put them slick side down?

Wouldn't they take up about the same space setting upright, face to face, with padding in between?

Michael

Michael,

It's good to hear from you.

My face down advice assumed the use of good furniture pads and I assumed that the available vertical clearance might not accomodate upright Khorns. It's always dangerous to assume.

In any event, I would be more comfortable with well padded Khorns riding on their faces than standing up with padding between the faces. In all cases, they should be positioned as far forward as possible to preclude further forward motion in the event of a sudden stop.

FWIW, when I moved four Speakerlab SKhorns from gig to gig in my mobile DJ business, they were always upright in a trailer with no padding. But they were black paint over raw plywood, so protecting the finish was not an issue.