Plan to ride from KC. Not sure if we are starting the trek at Hope and

then on to the Blue Ridge Mtns or the reverse and catch Hope on the way

home. Either way, this is going to be several days of great riding.

Have planned on a ride to Hope for the past couple years and now

the Pilgrammage makes it a done deal.

Plan to ride from KC. Not sure if we are starting the trek at Hope and then on to the Blue Ridge Mtns or the reverse and catch Hope on the way home. Either way, this is going to be several days of great riding. Have planned on a ride to Hope for the past couple years and now the Pilgrammage makes it a done deal.

Never rode thru the Blue Ridge Mts.,heard it was quite the ride!

I would have to do the ride to Hope then on to Blue

Greg

There is a highway that goes by the Fontana Dam that the bikers like we took it in a car one time... will not do that again... something like 200-300 curves in 18 miles. I think it is hwy 28 but am not sure... Beautiful drive but not for the motion sick types.

We too had talked about extending the weekend for a few days and heading for the mountians as it is a favorite place of ours. It is beautiful year round. The traffic during the summer is usually is horrendous on the road from Gatlinburg to Cherokee. But then again we will not be on bikes.

dtel's daughter,

I think you are talking about "Tail of the Dragon" http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Steamer,

The Blue Ridge Parkway is an absolutly awesome ride. I can be on the parkway in a little over an hour from my house. Needless to say we head that way often.

98 Softail Custom FXSTC, what's your scooter???

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am on an 01' Road King FLHRCI

I have heard alot of good things about that ride!I am looking forward to checking it out.

And this Tail of the Dragon sounds like my kind of road!

Thanks for the info guys and gal.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes.....US129 through Deal's Gap......hmmmmm......how many times have I been on that road since, uh 1989. Man, no way to answer that. But I do know that I've done it on a Kawasaki Concours, a Kawasaki ZX9R, a KTM 625SMC, a H*nda GoldWing, and a Yamaha FJR1300. But I'd really like to do it on my H*nda NS50. [:)]

OTOH.....the last time I was on that road is probably the last time I'll be on that road. [:(] Over the years the legend of that road has brought to it all types of crazies. I don't have an issue with guys going fast - what I have an issue with are folks that are obnoxious and rude when it comes to riding. I'll gladly give way to a rider who comes up on me and wishes to ride at a faster pace than I, but riding my as* and dogging me through 3 corners will cause me to make my bike as wide as I can. Anyhow.....enough of the the rant. Siffice it to say, I chose other roads in the area that offer just as much satisfaction and aren't well know/crowded.

As for the topic of this thread.....(sigh)....sure wish I could make that ride to Hope. There's some great roads in Arkansas. If any of you want some tips on great roads in and around the Smokies, I'm sure Steve & I can steer you in the right direction. [:)] You guys have a great and safe ride.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes.....US129 through Deal's Gap......hmmmmm......how many times have I been on that road since, uh 1989. Man, no way to answer that. But I do know that I've done it on a Kawasaki Concours, a Kawasaki ZX9R, a KTM 625SMC, a H*nda GoldWing, and a Yamaha FJR1300. But I'd really like to do it on my H*nda NS50. [:)]

OTOH.....the last time I was on that road is probably the last time I'll be on that road. [:(] Over the years the legend of that road has brought to it all types of crazies. I don't have an issue with guys going fast - what I have an issue with are folks that are obnoxious and rude when it comes to riding. I'll gladly give way to a rider who comes up on me and wishes to ride at a faster pace than I, but riding my as* and dogging me through 3 corners will cause me to make my bike as wide as I can. Anyhow.....enough of the the rant. Siffice it to say, I chose other roads in the area that offer just as much satisfaction and aren't well know/crowded.

As for the topic of this thread.....(sigh)....sure wish I could make that ride to Hope. There's some great roads in Arkansas. If any of you want some tips on great roads in and around the Smokies, I'm sure Steve & I can steer you in the right direction. [:)] You guys have a great and safe ride.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Know what you mean about the crazies.I hope to contact you and Steve for some more info closer to the pilgrimage.

Greg