Narrowed it down to 2 receivers, help me decide.

RTTR

I've narrowed my receiver upgrade for my Synergy F3/C3/S3/Sub12 system to two receivers.

The Denon AVR-3806 and the Harmon Kardon AVR-7300.

It will be impossible for me to probably ever hear my speakers on either of thoes receivers, but I do remember a lot of people in the past truely enjoying the sound of HK amps on Klipsch spekaers so that will help my final decision.

I was seriously about to buy the JVC RX-DP20VBK 7.1 THX Ultra 2 receiver, but DrWho did some research on the DAC used and it isn't true 24-bit, so screw that.

i know you've narrowed your choices down , but i just got a nad t-743 and the sound is really excellent....kind of warm and very musical too my ears. i had a dedicated 2 channel system and i had to part with, so i needed a dual purpose system with 2 ch. music listening as it main focus. well nad is a music first company and even their ht. stuff is geared toward music lovers. my denon1803, which i know is a lesser denon than you are looking at, is not in the same league as the t-743 sonically, although the 1803 certainly has more features. just my 2 cents...hope its usefull to you.

Another great choice you should add to your shortlist is the Arcam AVR250. Great combination with Klipsch speakers.

This was taken from UltimateAV (with link attached):

"Thrilling Conclusion
When a product sounds as good as the Arcam AVR250, it becomes a lot easier to overlook its few relatively minor user-interface quirks. My home theater has played host to plenty of AV receivers with triple-digit power ratings and even higher price tags that can't hold a candle to the AVR250 in terms of sheer musicality, bass reproduction, or the ability to drive the most demanding high-resolution speakers at realistic volume levels with no sign of distortion or breakup. This was especially true with the Arcam in Stereo Bypass mode and with the front channels bi-amped.

The AVR250 faces stiff competition on multiple fronts, but a quick Google search shows that many potential buyers are comparing it to the Denon AVR-3805, which lists for $400 less than the Arcam. I have not lived with the AVR-3805 in my home theater, so I can't say how it sounds. On paper, the Denon has more AV inputs, a better front-panel display, a much better remote, and considerably more power (120 watts per channel into 8O, 20Hz-20kHz @ <0.05%THD). It does not, however, have the Arcam's bi-amp capability.

I've been reviewing home theater gear since 1989, and this is the first time I've ever been tempted to describe the sound of an AV receiver as "thrilling." But that's the adjective that springs to mind when I consider the Arcam AVR250. If you can wrap your head around the idea that less is more, I think you'll be thrilled, too."

http://ultimateavmag.com/avreceivers/605arcam/index1.html

NTTR

I haven't heard either of your choices but I own the h/k 7200-flagship a couple of years ago. It produces great sound with my 7's setup. It is a high current 7x100. I don't hear any harshness. The remote has a 5 second delay when switching source components which is annoying. I runs warm but not hot.

However, I am going to add outboard amplification for the headroom & use it as a pre/pro.

JT

NTTR

I haven't heard either of your choices but I own the h/k 7200-flagship a couple of years ago. It produces great sound with my 7's setup. It is a high current 7x100. I don't hear any harshness. The remote has a 5 second delay when switching source components which is annoying. I runs warm but not hot.

However, I am going to add outboard amplification for the headroom & use it as a pre/pro.

JT

I have read many AVR7300 reviews and not one said anything about any remote issues, so I don't think that will be anything to worry about with the 7300.

If I finally decide to get the AVR7300 I'm gonna wait til the new HK comes out the AVR740 (I believe it will have a street price somewhere in the $1800-1900 range which is doable), it's not as powerful (rated at 85x7 which we all know it will be more... it's an HK) but it has video upscaling of ALL sources to 720p and 1080i through HDMI as well as USB audio, The Bridge iPod dock connection (which I will definatly use with my 60GB 5G), and HK's awesome multiroom color LCD remote included.

NTTR

JT

I have read many AVR7300 reviews and not one said anything about any remote issues, so I don't think that will be anything to worry about with the 7300.

If I finally decide to get the AVR7300 I'm gonna wait til the new HK comes out the AVR740 (I believe it will have a street price somewhere in the $1800-1900 range which is doable), it's not as powerful (rated at 85x7 which we all know it will be more... it's an HK) but it has video upscaling of ALL sources to 720p and 1080i through HDMI as well as USB audio, The Bridge iPod dock connection (which I will definatly use with my 60GB 5G), and HK's awesome multiroom color LCD remote included.

While you're waiting for the new HK - you might want to also check out the Arcam AVR300 - $1999.00 - it has received a lot of praise for it sonic qualities. I'm hoping to audition one this weekend.