Upgrade from 12 GA Home Depot twin lead for Khorns?

I am wondering what might be a step up in speaker wires from Home Depot 12 GA twin lead. I just got a pair of vintage Klipschorns for my living room and temporarily need to house my electronics some distance from the speakers until I can find the right cabinet for them. I pulled a pair of old 20 Home Depot 12 GA speaker wires from another room and noticed that they are oxidizing badly inside the clear plastic jacket. Is there something at a reasonable cost that I could use to replace them? Also, how do you keep this type of oxidation from occurring? One end of these wires have soldered spades with the solder going right up to the plastic covering, but they still show oxidation inside. Would something like silicon sealant work to seal the ends? Eventually I will be able to use some good speaker cables I have when I move the electronics, but that could take some time. In the mean time I would like to upgrade these cables for the Khorns and later for the system I stole them from.

The Home Depot 12 ga "Monster Wire Clone" is junk. It always oxidizes and the strands break away when you strip it.

I like the Home Depot's grey "in wall" two lead stranded speaker wire. It has a gret jacket (kind of like romex) and two conductors inside (black and a red) with thick strands.

Chris

I have some speaker wire that sounds similar. It is Esoteric brand, billed as 'oxygen free copper' and is 12 ga very fine stranded with thick plastic jacket. It also is very ozidized (green and crusty) along it's entire length.

So this junk needs to be thrown away, right?

I paid top dollar for it at Ovation Audio, our local HiFi emporium. Figures it'd be junk. I'll stick with my Home Depot 16 guage lamp cord thanks.

I picked up some Carol branded (I think) 14GA brown jacketed lampcord from Home Depot and have no complaints...copper for pos and neg and a supple jacket...I had Signet wire from my KG2s purchased in 1988 and the two appear similar...that wire is still copper colored and the jacket is still supple as well after almost 30 years...

Bill