BEC Crossovers in My Heresys

SilverSport

Last week I finally decided to "reward" Bob Crites for some free advice he gave me last year (who am I kiddin', I was rewarding myself with something new!) that saved me from embarassment and probably a bill from a less scrupulous person (loose wire, not blown midrange) by getting the crossovers redone on both sets of Heresys I own...sent the crossovers to Bob after a few email...sent him paypal (with an unknown to me delay of three days for an eCheck due to some crossed wires (no pun) at paypal) no complaints from Bob and a week to the day my crossovers were back to me for reinstallation in my Heresys...hard to believe how much I missed those speakers for that 1 week...

Well, I don't know if it is my imagination because I have something new but listening to Sheryl Crow right now, the vocals are sweet, clear and the music detailed...I even was able to tell what she was whispering in the background of one song that I could never make out before...Bob said my caps were leaking oil and were bad...maybe he just told me that to make me feel better but my Heresys sound like brand new! (because they basically are!)

Thanks Bob for all the help, the great work on the rebuild, the fast response to my email, even when I asked (mostly dumb) quesitons and for being a stand up guy who is a craftsman.

I am very happy with the results!

Bill

Bob has my Cornwall crossovers right now for a rebuild. What I like about Bob is that he takes the time to ask questions and the end result seems to be getting the right work done at the most reasonable cost. I also have a damaged diaphragm in one midrange horn and Bob made sure that I'd covered all the bases for possible causes before selling me a new diaphragm. That's refreshing in this day and age when almost everyone with something to sell wants you to buy more than you need.

The last time Bob did some networks for me he didn't even bother to put them together. He just sent all the parts in a box. What a rip-off. This ever happen to anyone else?

Bwaaaaa! LOL!!!! Soda on the monitor, out my nose, down my shirt. That was funny!