Upgraded AA networks for sale

solarcarl

I agree with Michael.. Easy to swap out..the sound was just cleaner and the mids while not quite in your face was also more open.

You heard things like the spit on a trumpet just as the note emerged.

Guitar effects just as clean as the roaring distorted notes played in overdrive...

cymbals and the sticks hitting the drums are alive....

vocals clean listening to Dire Straights for instance... you can hear him breathe just before he sings.... like he is in in the room with you.....

Dean.. You build good stuff!

Well in that case, they didn't fit the LS properly (had to set em in sideways after hooking up the wires in mid air) and they sounded pretty mushy, like there was a sponge in the tweeter. The bass notes were very wooly with pronounced leslie like phase shifting effects. [;)]

Well what ARE they exactly again? (you 'splained it to em but I was tired after shooting all day). Sorry for waiting so long to install them, I seriously thought they were made for the Khorns K55V so had been waiting for a more complete experiment.

I heard exactly what Roger heard (that's why I invite him over, to confirm my suspicions). We both listened and I withheld my judgement until after hearing his and they were identical.

Sticks on drum skins more pronounced, cymbal sounds likewise. The 'bloom' of the sound emerging from trumpet's bell & the spittle sound were more live sounding. THe nuances of Knopfler's condenser-mic's voice more apparent. Steve Morse's squonky guitar bits were detailed and clear.

I'd like to push the LS side by side and do a true A/B in mono with more listeners to confirm further. However next week is Beta Testing here at the House of Klipsch so I'll be busy with shop projects.

Back to beddies with me then, it's 3 AM.....[|-)]

Dean,

I'm using a set of your crossovers that you told me a while back were your own once for your Khorns. I got them from Robert Damato.

What do you call them and where do those cross at? I'm waiting for a set of Al K's Trachorns to arrive

any day now and I'm using Bob C's tweeters. Is all this going to be a good match? BTW, your crossovers are unbelievable! It's hard

to believe that I may be able to make them sound even better with Al's horns because they sound so great now.DeanG crossovers

I'd like to push the LS side by side and do a true A/B in mono with more listeners to confirm further. However next week is Beta Testing here at the House of Klipsch so I'll be busy with shop projects.

all you need now is an MWMs under each LaScala and you can join my CLUB!!

Claude

Dean,

I'm using a set of your crossovers that you told me a while back were your own once for your Khorns. I got them from Robert Damato.

What do you call them and where do those cross at? I'm waiting for a set of Al K's Trachorns to arrive

any day now and I'm using Bob C's tweeters. Is all this going to be a good match? BTW, your crossovers are unbelievable! It's hard

to believe that I may be able to make them sound even better with Al's horns because they sound so great now.DeanG crossovers

Dean,

I'm guessing you haven't been back to this thread in a while. Which crossovers were these and do they cross at 4500?

Thanks, Bernie

Dean, how close are yours to John Albright's, like the ones I put in my LS?

Hi Bruce, I assume you're asking about the ones I built for Michael? A little different than what you have. The tweeter filter is third order, was suggested by DJK, and is basically what PWK designed for the LB76. There is no bandpass. I did swamp the autoformer and float the ground so the squawker level could be adjusted.

Hi Bernie -- you guessed it, I haven't been back up here in a while! Yes, those transition to the tweeter at 4500Hz.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for getting back to me. What do you call my crossovers? I know you built the ALKJr's but did this type have a name?

Thanks!

"What do you call my crossovers?"

You'll have to ask BEC, it's his concoction; it's the network he designed to be used with his tweeter and I just built a pair with the parts I like to use. It's basically just a modified Type A -- a low pass added to the squawker with the tweeter cap adjusted to bring it in a little sooner (4500Hz).