Another stupid lawsuit!

skonopa

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, using the flight example, remember, utility vs. safety. Utility equals ability fo fly 50 people $3000 at a specific cost. Raide the cost too much, and utility is lost. Therefore, we often see safety compromised in the name of utility. We don't all drive tanks to work for fear of getting injured in a car wreck.

If you're wondering where is the line between safety and utility drawn, you tell me. That's where there is no chart where it can be looked up. It is couched in terms of "reasonablenss," with the courts having the limited authority to overrule jury verdicts if appropriate.

Actually, using the flight example, remember, utility vs. safety. Utility equals ability fo fly 50 people $3000 at a specific cost. Raide the cost too much, and utility is lost. Therefore, we often see safety compromised in the name of utility. We don't all drive tanks to work for fear of getting injured in a car wreck.

If you're wondering where is the line between safety and utility drawn, you tell me. That's where there is no chart where it can be looked up. It is couched in terms of "reasonablenss," with the courts having the limited authority to overrule jury verdicts if appropriate.

What is interesting Jeff is that people wreck their cars frequently, yet very few lawsuits ensue as a percentage. When a plane crashes, there are multiple lawsuits every time! This must be because most people think that when they wreck their car, it was either their fault or the insurance covers the immediate loss so all is ok. When they are a passenger with no control, it is de facto someone else's fault, and the deepest pockets will have to pay whether there is any proven definitive fault by any party. If they wreck their car because a deer made them take evasive action, the deer cannot be sued because the deer has no assets. If a plane crashes due to filthy weather, the equivalent of a deer in the sky lets say, the airline is sued because there is money to be had, even though if the plaintiff was driving the plane and was fully qualified to do so and would have reacted the exact same way as the actual pilots did.

One of the reasons people use the earphone style music things is to cover outside noise. I see them used in airplanes, trains, and other noisy environments that may have a noise floor of 85+dB. The levels listened to in order to overcome the ambient level may be very high.

What is interesting Jeff is that people wreck their cars frequently, yet very few lawsuits ensue as a percentage. When a plane crashes, there are multiple lawsuits every time! This must be because most people think that when they wreck their car, it was either their fault or the insurance covers the immediate loss so all is ok. When they are a passenger with no control, it is de facto someone else's fault, and the deepest pockets will have to pay whether there is any proven definitive fault by any party. If they wreck their car because a deer made them take evasive action, the deer cannot be sued because the deer has no assets. If a plane crashes due to filthy weather, the equivalent of a deer in the sky lets say, the airline is sued because there is money to be had, even though if the plaintiff was driving the plane and was fully qualified to do so and would have reacted the exact same way as the actual pilots did.

True, Oldie. There's no doubt the awesome violence of a plane crash triggers a fear that evokes greater questioning and demands for perfection.

Jeff,

With the constant price wars and the dirt cheap tickets you demand perfection! LOL Do not be silly here,the companies cut in the servicing of the planes and often fly old planes patched up and holding with one hair. Planes blowing up,remember the plane crash when some people proposed some terroris act and the conclusion was a unmaintained old plane flying when it should have been scrapped long ago?

Before flying in a plane was reserved for the welthy ,today any bum can travel.And the companies constantly low rates.I say screw that raise the prices twice even triple them.Those who travel by plane will pay anyway.And a total security policy can be put in place. Now its how many people can you crap up that old plane getting minimum maintenace.

This deserves a serious case,and the faulty companies should be sued to lose the shirts off thier backs.

Here is another one that Jeff will agree with. I guess I can see the justification a little bit, but I still wouldn't say its worth a suit.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/19/fries.suits.ap/index.html

Steve

Another case of grand time waste,it is not McDonald's fault fries contain something that makes someone with a very rare disease ill. Now they will try to adapt and modify fries so the single plaintif can devour a pound.

And as you can see these scavengers sue only large corporations as they know they are in for a big monetary reward.Why not sue small operations,because they would win next to nothing.

Sonn you will have to read a ten page WARNING instructions before eating fries and sign that you have read and understand it well. [:P]

jeff where are you,do not forget these poor low tolerance peeps who suffer so much,these poor poor peeps who will suffer from any cause to get a reward.

"In Chicago, another woman said she was shocked when a neighbor told
her that McDonald's said on its website that wheat was an ingrediant in
its french fries. The woman and her two children both suffer from
celiac disease.

McDonald's
acknowledged that a flavoring agent in the cooking oil used to make
fries is derived from wheat and dairy ingredients, which are off-limits
to those with food allergies.

The wheat and dairy disclosure was
a consequence of a new labeling rule by the Food and Drug
Administration that went into effect in January.

People
with allergies have been trying to find out more information, enough so
that the lawsuit brought by Pakenas' Chicago firm is apt to find plenty
of interested candidates who are allergic to wheat to qualify for
class-action in Illinois."

***** Looks like it took less than a month for the lawsuits to start. *****

"It's not the first time McDonald's forthrightness has been called into question concerning what's in its famous fries.

The company paid $10 million in 2002 to settle a lawsuit by vegetarian
groups after it was disclosed that its fries were cooked in
beef-flavored oil despite the company's insistence in 1990 that it was
abandoning beef tallow for pure vegetable oil.

Last February, it paid $8.5 million to settle a suit by a
nonprofit advocacy group accusing the company of misleading consumers
by announcing plans in September 2002 to change its cooking oil but
then delaying the switch indefinitely within months. Reluctant to
change the taste of a top-selling item, McDonald's has continued to
maintain for the past three years that testing continues."

***** Simply insane! *****

"In Chicago, another woman said she was shocked when a neighbor told her that McDonald's said on its website that wheat was an ingrediant in its french fries. The woman and her two children both suffer from celiac disease.

McDonald's acknowledged that a flavoring agent in the cooking oil used to make fries is derived from wheat and dairy ingredients, which are off-limits to those with food allergies.

The wheat and dairy disclosure was a consequence of a new labeling rule by the Food and Drug Administration that went into effect in January.

People with allergies have been trying to find out more information, enough so that the lawsuit brought by Pakenas' Chicago firm is apt to find plenty of interested candidates who are allergic to wheat to qualify for class-action in Illinois."

***** Looks like it took less than a month for the lawsuits to start. *****

"It's not the first time McDonald's forthrightness has been called into question concerning what's in its famous fries.

The company paid $10 million in 2002 to settle a lawsuit by vegetarian groups after it was disclosed that its fries were cooked in beef-flavored oil despite the company's insistence in 1990 that it was abandoning beef tallow for pure vegetable oil.

Last February, it paid $8.5 million to settle a suit by a nonprofit advocacy group accusing the company of misleading consumers by announcing plans in September 2002 to change its cooking oil but then delaying the switch indefinitely within months. Reluctant to change the taste of a top-selling item, McDonald's has continued to maintain for the past three years that testing continues."

***** Simply insane! *****

This is still going?

Well, come on, now. I like to read these things neutrally and without too much reaction. Vegetarians would just "puke and gag" before they ate meat. That's the way they are. So, we shouldn't sneak meat in their foods. If it's there, we tell them.

What if you liked a particular brand of jerky so much, and then you learned it was made of dog? I would be a little freaked for the long-term... maybe.

Jeff wrote;

What if you liked a particular brand of jerky so much, and then you learned it was made of dog? I would be a little freaked for the long-term... maybe.

But you think this kind of thing is worth sueing over, give us a break so your a little freaked its not a reason to get money from a company. And while were at it lets really freak those veggie people out. I bet most were brought up on breast milk......... Hey thats from an animal...[:o]

Steve

jeff, if it was good you could say "good dog!" Back in the old days (oh yeah here we go) I used to watch the guys at McDonalds make fries. They would take a real potato, put it in a levered slicer, and all at once slice an entire potato into frenched pieces. No wheat, just potato. When there were enough to make a batch into the fryer they went. What came out was delicious, far better than today's product.

"Well, come on, now. I like to read these things neutrally and without

too much reaction. Vegetarians would just "puke and gag" before they

ate meat. That's the way they are. So, we shouldn't sneak meat in

their foods. If it's there, we tell them.

What if you liked a

particular brand of jerky so much, and then you learned it was made of

dog? I would be a little freaked for the long-term... maybe."

Well, this assumes that McDonalds was required to tell them. At the

time, I don't believe this was the case. After being pressured to make

healthier fries, they decided to change the frying medium. After they

tasted the results, they decided against it. But because they once said

they'd go with something healthier, people were "injured"? What a crock

(wasn't that the McDonalds founder's name?).

As to your jerky argument, sure I'd be upset if I had been snacking on

Shit-Tsu. But that would actually be against the law (dog meat does not

happen to be USDA approved for human consumption).

Hey, I just thought of one to pad your retirement fund. I read an

article where a news organization did a DNA analysis on hamburger from

several supermarket chains. Almost all of it contained some percentage

of pork (almost 10% on the high end).

All you've gotta do is to analyze the hamburger from a store where

people shop whose beliefs prohibit eating pork. Seems like eternity at

Fire Lake [6] would be worth some serious "emotional pain and

suffering". [;)]

Lawsuit???? I think we ought to grind up a few lawyers. If one is really hungry one will eat almost anything. I wont go into details but in the 1940,s WW2 ...we ate any thing we could get our hands on.....Dogs, cats , horses. snakes, I think we have become a bunch of cry babies...

And the latest is that toilet water is cleaner than the ice from ice makers in restaurants. That's bad when $hit-water is cleaner than Diet Coke. Anyone want to join my new lawsuit? [;)]

I am in if you promise I get FREE Diet Coke for life. [:D]

PS Just joking,I stay away,a mile away from all sewage called soft drinks.

Hey, why'd I get censored... There really is a dog called a $hit-Tsu!

lol, it's "Shih-Tsu"

Btw, my dad is very good friends with Mark Krauss....the head "fry

dude" at McDonald's - he is ultimately responsible for all the fries in

the entire world. I could share a lot of cool trivia about the fries

actually...And there is no way in the world they try to hide anything.

All you have to do is ask any store to find out what exactly is in the

food (they even have cool little booklets available - or at least they

should). If you have a food allergy and don't know what is in

something, then you are an idiot for not asking.

All the stupid courts and politics pushing mcdonalds to have healthier

food is such a shame - I can't go smoke a cigarette and sue the company

for an unhealthy product, but I can sue McDonalds for an unhealthy junk

food....go figure. Oh btw, I have gone for over a month eating nothing

but mcdonalds (breakfast lunch and dinner)...didn't gain a single pound

and never got sick. Oh the joys of having four classes spread out over

15 hours everyday...

Hey, why'd I get censored... There really is a dog called a $hit-Tsu!

lol, it's "Shih-Tsu"

Btw, my dad is very good friends with Mark Krauss....the head "fry

dude" at McDonald's - he is ultimately responsible for all the fries in

the entire world. I could share a lot of cool trivia about the fries

actually...And there is no way in the world they try to hide anything.

All you have to do is ask any store to find out what exactly is in the

food (they even have cool little booklets available - or at least they

should). If you have a food allergy and don't know what is in

something, then you are an idiot for not asking.

All the stupid courts and politics pushing mcdonalds to have healthier

food is such a shame - I can't go smoke a cigarette and sue the company

for an unhealthy product, but I can sue McDonalds for an unhealthy junk

food....go figure. Oh btw, I have gone for over a month eating nothing

but mcdonalds (breakfast lunch and dinner)...didn't gain a single pound

and never got sick. Oh the joys of having four classes spread out over

15 hours everyday...

You just wait out good Klipscher and resident lawyer Jeff will send you a request to reveal all the secrets of McDonald's fries and the secret sauce in the BigMac! Next up Jeff will launch a lawsuit against the "fry dude" and the "BigMac" dude.

Over a month eating nothing but McDonald's! Did you watch Supersize Me? Go see a doctor and have your liver checked. [:P]