Anyone know ....

SCOOTERDOG

The lack of sensitivity and awareness found on this forum is just unbelievable.

Klipsch out.

Hmmmmnnnnnn......

I didn't know that Sensitivity, and Awareness were needed on an Audio Forum ....

whadda I know anyways ...

perhaps we should all watch Oprah ...??

If you are not intelligent enough to recognize and be offended by ethnic slurs when you read, hear, or see them, it speaks volumes about your character and others not willing to speak up against them.

Klipsch out.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of being offended, you post this. A sad commentary for someone who is supposed to be a business person. I regret I ever spent any of my money on your product. It will never happen again.

Klipsch out.

What's wrong with that post? All he was trying to tell you is to lighten up. You've been pretty angry of late and don't ever have anything nice to say anymore. It seems all you do now is criticize everyone on this board (myself included).

Honestly, take a step back, have a glass of wine, put on some nice jazz, and then come back in a couple of hours and post something nice. I'll be looking for your post.

Mike

Instead of being offended, you post this. A sad commentary for someone who is supposed to be a business person. I regret I ever spent any of my money on your product. It will never happen again.

Klipsch out.

What's wrong with that post? All he was trying to tell you is to lighten up. You've been pretty angry of late and don't ever have anything nice to say anymore. It seems all you do now is criticize everyone on this board (myself included).

Honestly, take a step back, have a glass of wine, put on some nice jazz, and then come back in a couple of hours and post something nice. I'll be looking for your post.

Mike

Mike,

Are you serious? I'm should have a glass of wine, listen to some jazz, then write something nice?

Quite frankly, the fact that you and other members of this forum lack the integrity to speak out against the use of derogatory ethnic terms is appalling! The very fact that you think it should be a matter to take lightly, is even more appalling. If you can't understand why myself and any other minority person would be angry, it truly speaks volumes.

Klipsch out.

Jazman,

LMAO. I hope that you are kidding. If not, then you must be unusually sensitive and aware.[:P] After all, it has been almost a year from my post and I have had thousands of emails from offended parties.[:(] Not.

I am an equal opportunity bigot. I hate every one, but especially the Irish horse thieves from my past. Jap is an abbreviation. Would you be more comfortable if I used the word "nip"? (another abbreviation) If my language offends you, then by all means, please be offended.

Lighten up son. We both live in the south and you think that I am un-aware? If your comment was intended as a joke, then I took the bait. Congrats.

Oh my, too much. Still LMAO.

Bigot Out.

Terry

Klipsch out.

Mike

Mike,

Are you serious? I'm should have a glass of wine, listen to some jazz, then write something nice?

Quite frankly, the fact that you and other members of this forum lack the integrity to speak out against the use of derogatory ethnic terms is appalling! The very fact that you think it should be a matter to take lightly, is even more appalling. If you can't understand why myself and any other minority person would be angry, it truly speaks volumes.

Klipsch out.

Yes, I'm serious! No harm was intended with that post. When I see something that offends I will surely let you know. If you're going to live your life in a vacuum then so be it, I cannot help you.

As for understanding I think I qualify. The majority of women in my life have all been minority's. So let's don't go there.

Mike

Actually, I can't find on the net a real consensus that the term **** is offensive to Japanese. It is agreed that the term Jap is very offensive to Jewish people (Jewish American Princess), but Terry said **** as an abbreviation for Japanese. How is that different from Aussie for Australian or Brit for a British Subject? Let's hear it from our Japanese forum members.

When I was in Italy, the locals called me a Yankee. As a southerner, I was offended.

Bob

Klipsch out.

Mike

Thank you Mike

TC

Jazman,

LMAO. I hope that you are kidding. If not, then you must be unusually sensitive and aware.[:P]

I am an equal opportunity bigot. I hate every one, but especially the Irish horse thieves from my past. Jap is an abbreviation. Would you be more comfortable if I used the word "nip"? (another abbreviation) If my language offends you, then by all means, please be offended.

Lighten up son. We both live in the south and you think that I am un-aware? If your comment was intended as a joke, then I took the bait. Congrats.

Bigot Out.

Terry

First of all, I'm not your son, second, I am not kidding!

I must assume if you're caucasion, it does not matter what you call anyone else. And yes, "nip" would be another derogatory term. It's evident you don't know the difference between an abbreviation and an ethnic slur. If you work for any major company or corporation, go to the personnel or human resources manager and see what they would tell you about calling a person of Japaneese decent, either of those two words. It's hard to believe and accept, in this year of 2006, you and others here on this forum still don't get it.

Klipsch out.

Actually, I can't find on the net a real consensus that the term **** is offensive to Japanese. It is agreed that the term Jap is very offensive to Jewish people (Jewish American Princess), but Terry said **** as an abbreviation for Japanese. How is that different from Aussie for Australian or Brit for a British Subject? Let's hear it from our Japanese forum members. When I was in Italy, the locals called me a Yankee. As a southerner, I was offended. Bob

Bob,

I love it when you are offended.

The end of this thread must be a joke. If not, I have my yellow button from Hope!

TC

Jazman,

LMAO. I hope that you are kidding. If not, then you must be unusually sensitive and aware.[:P]

I am an equal opportunity bigot. I hate every one, but especially the Irish horse thieves from my past. Jap is an abbreviation. Would you be more comfortable if I used the word "nip"? (another abbreviation) If my language offends you, then by all means, please be offended.

Lighten up son. We both live in the south and you think that I am un-aware? If your comment was intended as a joke, then I took the bait. Congrats.

Bigot Out.

Terry

First of all, I'm not your son, second, I am not kidding!

I must assume if you're caucasion, it does not matter what you call anyone else. And yes, "nip" would be another derogatory term. It's evident you don't know the difference between an abbreviation and an ethnic slur. If you work for any major company or corporation, go to the personnel or human resources manager and see what they would tell you about calling a person of Japaneese decent, either of those two words. It's hard to believe and accept, in this year of 2006, you and others here on this forum still don't get it.

Klipsch out.

You know, I thought "caucasion" was just a typo or poor spelling. You learn something every day. It is a racial slur.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=caucasion

The lack of sensitivity and awareness found on this forum is just unbelievable.

Klipsch out.

Hmmmmnnnnnn......

I didn't know that Sensitivity, and Awareness were needed on an Audio Forum ....

whadda I know anyways ...

perhaps we should all watch Oprah ...??

Hey, bit*h, are you putting down my hoe Oprah?.........

Uh oh, better call the PC police pronto [:)]

There's another audio board that was reined in so tightly that they couldn't even mention Paul McCartney's song from McCartney II, "Frozen Jap," by its title.

There was a Twilight Zone episode, "The Encounter," kept out of repeats for decades because of fear that someone would be offended by the use of the word "Jap." Ironic since the premise of the episode was how hate hurt the WWII veteran who hated the sweet Japanese people who bombed us at Pearl Harbor.

Jazman,

Bigot Out.

Terry

First of all, I'm not your son, second, I am not kidding!

I must assume if you're caucasion, it does not matter what you call anyone else. And yes, "nip" would be another derogatory term. It's evident you don't know the difference between an abbreviation and an ethnic slur. If you work for any major company or corporation, go to the personnel or human resources manager and see what they would tell you about calling a person of Japaneese decent, either of those two words. It's hard to believe and accept, in this year of 2006, you and others here on this forum still don't get it.

Klipsch out.

or

OK. I don't spend my time with this sort of thing, but I will make an exception with you. No, you are not my son. I would use that term only when I perceve a comment from a less than mature person. Many of us "get it", Its just thats we don't dwell on it like you do. Audio is blind, or should be. This forum does not value color, race, sex or anything else other than what one has to contribute to the betterment of sound in our LR's. IMHO, the BBS was colorless until you were offended by my usage of a definition of the word.

If I offended you, then I am truly sorry for that and ask that you would forgive me. In my heart of hearts, did I say or do anything wrong? I don't think so. If you were offended, that came from you, not me.

tc

You know, I thought "caucasion" was just a typo or poor spelling. You learn something every day. It is a racial slur. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=caucasion

My typo error should have read "Caucasian". This issue seems amusing to many. I am not one of them. One day.............you will not be so amused. Maybe your children or grandchildren will be the one to awaken you.

Klipsch out.

You know, I thought "caucasion" was just a typo or poor spelling. You learn something every day. It is a racial slur. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=caucasion

My typo error should have read "Caucasian". This issue seems amusing to many. I am not one of them. One day.............you will not be so amused. Maybe your children or grandchildren will be the one to awaken you.

Klipsch out.

OK, I see now that you just accidently used a word that is offensive. Everyone deserves a second chance. I hope no one sees this as a negative reflection on your character.

Bob

My typo error should have read "Caucasian". This issue seems amusing to many. I am not one of them. One day.............you will not be so amused. Maybe your children or grandchildren will be the one to awaken you.

Klipsch out.

Ah, well, any thoughts of me being racist should be put to rest by the future awakening above.................God, I hate white people,(caucasin) why not, every one else does......

But I do agree, in the next decades we will see every soul displaying slite slant eyes, a lellow-brown tent in skin and the ability to slam dunk a basketball.

Works for me...........