I've Got A VRD Woody.....

Gilbert

Thanks guys, I'm psych'ed man, psych'ed.

Gary, thanks man....I received the CD's on Friday. I had to work most of Saturday, and today I spent most of the afternoon watching the Daytona 500 and wrestling with my little tom-boys. I have managed to listen to both the John Coltrane CD, and the one I'm listening to right now, which is "Somethin' Else Cannonball Aderley". This one is very good, excellent. If you would, please tell me what a "Blue Note" recording is. I've heard Alan talk about them. But I was a bit embarrassed to ask.

Mark, I'm eye'balling another piece for my Xtreme cabinet. Woohoo, soon baby....soon!

WOW, did I tell you guys how psyched out I am. Next, Trachorns and ES x-overs. Gimme gimme gimme, mine all mine.

Gilbert, great looking wood you've got there. Excellent choice.

If you ever feel like taking a little drive, I live about 90 minutes north of you (joplin) and if you wanna visit and listen to my system, I have an original Bluenote Cannonball Adderly Somethin Else we can listen to. I will even buy you lunch. I think you are the nearest KF member and it would be fun to get together if you want. I don't have any Klipsch speakers, but I do have some big Altecs.

Steve

Gilbert,

Blue Note was/is a jazz record label which was started in 1939. Many original Blue Note albums are extremely collectible and some are worth thousands in good shape. They sound great too! Allan has them all! I just have a hundred or so originals.

Luckily, most of the good ones have been re-released by Classic Records and sound just as good as the originals in most cases. Some unfortunately are out of print entirely.

Rudy Van Gelder was the recording engineer for many, many years as you can see by reading the labels on some of those CDs. His stamp was in the dead wax on the original LPs. Either "RVG" or "Van Gelder" can be seen if you look closely.

Gilbert, great looking wood you've got there. Excellent choice.

If you ever feel like taking a little drive, I live about 90 minutes north of you (joplin) and if you wanna visit and listen to my system, I have an original Bluenote Cannonball Adderly Somethin Else we can listen to. I will even buy you lunch. I think you are the nearest KF member and it would be fun to get together if you want. I don't have any Klipsch speakers, but I do have some big Altecs.

Steve

Now that sounds like plan. Wait till the weather gets better, and then it'll be motorcycle cruising time. Shoot, Joplin's is just an hour and a couple of min's. up the road.

Gary, my wife just came in and asked me if a bottle of wine came with that music. I told her no, so she opened one on her own. She's in 2 channel room now drinking wine and reading her Cosmo, while listening to Cannonball Adderly. This is rare, she rarely breaks out the wine when it's just me and her. It usually takes her cousins and/or sister to get her in a drinking mood. Hmmmm, more jazz, more jazz, my odds are lookin good for tonight. [6]