Proud new Papa...

Chris Elm

They are Oiled Walnut. It wasn't difficult to get an audition at all. He offered this the first time I spoke with him on the phone. He was sorta an interesting character but a really nice guy. Guess it wasn't the same guy. He was only selling because he had a pair of La Scalas and he never used these.

These do have the risers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love the posts bitching about picture sizes. Another idea would be to take the leap into the new millennium. [sn]

Oh, congrats on th score. Cornies rock.

I would love to leap into the "new millennium" Would you please contact SBC and have them upgrade their phone lines to allow us to get DSL? We have been waiting for over 5 years now and when they are asked when the lines will be upgraded they say Next Year. So with all the power you have I am sure they will listen to you, I would truly love to get off DIAL UP service! While you are at it, would you also use your influence with the Cable co? They don't want to spend the money to run cable into our neighborhood. With a population density of about 25 homes in a square mile, they just don't think it is worth it for them.

So if you would be able to get the above done, I will quit bitching about the picture sizes, UNTIL THEN

SHUT THE FLOCK UP ABOUT IT AND BE COURTIOUS TO THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO HANDLE MULTI MEGABYTE FILES!!![:@][:@][:@]

• Moderators

I really love the posts bitching about picture sizes. Another idea would be to take the leap into the new millennium. [sn]

Oh, congrats on th score. Cornies rock.

I would love to leap into the "new millennium" Would you please contact SBC and have them upgrade their phone lines to allow us to get DSL? We have been waiting for over 5 years now and when they are asked when the lines will be upgraded they say Next Year. So with all the power you have I am sure they will listen to you, I would truly love to get off DIAL UP service! While you are at it, would you also use your influence with the Cable co? They don't want to spend the money to run cable into our neighborhood. With a population density of about 25 homes in a square mile, they just don't think it is worth it for them.

So if you would be able to get the above done, I will quit bitching about the picture sizes, UNTIL THEN

SHUT THE FLOCK UP ABOUT IT AND BE COURTIOUS TO THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO HANDLE MULTI MEGABYTE FILES!!![:@][:@][:@]

Don't worry, Cal. I don't even have a home computer, let alone speedy dial up. I prefer to step away from the computer during home-time. Let them say what they will about "lagging behind" in technology. I don't miss it. I don't have an iPod, I don't use my cell phone (except in emergencies), and I still use film in my camera. Doesn't make me less of a person....or I would hope not.

All that said, please do be courteous, and make the picture file sizes smaller. Not only is it better for peeps with slower connections, but it saves space on our server.

Thanks!

Mssr Blacksmith is quite correct. There are parts of rural America where DSL isn't in place and not even in the planning stages. It's a sad state of affairs, but lets be courteous to those and keep the photo size reasonable.

The Forum software is going to downsize it to 350 pixals x whatever, so there is no point at all in uploading enormous digital files straight out of your cameras. If you can't downsize your images correctly, please don't hog bandwidth and lock up the computers of other Forum Brothers.

If you need help downsizing photos, just ask.

It's just common courtesy really.

AMY, you still got one o dem hand-crank telephones and a butter churn? LOL

Michael

• Moderators

Well, I would say that's enough of that. Here we have a newbie excited about his great purchase, and now it's resorted to a personal argument.

If you don't have anything to say about the original post, move on.

Thanks!

"Sorry if I offended anyone. It was not my intention to start a brawl over file sizes. Best of luck."

Nah no offense here, 2ch tends to need a little more "tending" than say "General" HUH AMY[;)]

Kiss, Kiss, make nice.[:P]

Congrats on the new Corns! It is hard to get much better than those!

You will find many others here that enjoy them also!

PERFECT Chris. I just make the biggest dimension 350 pixels because that's where the Forum software is going to take it anyway. And 72 dpi is the most that any screen can display.

Here's a test, if you're on DSL and upload a pix, your 'gas gauge' should be nearly instant. That means that on others' DSL's the photo will also pop right up. It'll take a bit for the dialup guys, but at least it won't lockup their computer. Hope this made sense.

Michael

• Moderators

Here we have a newbie excited about his great purchase

Newbie is right. Even though I joined almost three years ago, up until two weeks ago I only had 3 posts to my name!

LOL

I didn't even see the date you joined! Another lurker has shown himself.... [;)]

All that said, please do be courteous, and

make the picture file sizes smaller. Not only is it better

for peeps with slower connections, but it saves space on our server.

Thanks!

Amy, of course the Klipsch server could also resize any uploaded

picture to a maximum size, show the reduced images, and link them to

the originals. Then those that want to see the originals could

click on the link. Alternatively, simply delete the original file

if they are really too big and only show the reduced image (without a

link to a larger size); that would save space on your server!