Cheap Khorns too good to be true?

JoeRiff

Somehow I posted this twice. Whoops. There is also currently an 24 hour auction for a set of La Scalas with free shipping (next day air). Wouldn't next day air on a set of these run well over $1k?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEAUTIFIL-Set-of-Klipsch-La-Scala-Floor-Speakers_W0QQitemZ8387501804QQcategoryZ543QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He also mentions that ebay e-mail isn't working. I think I'll send this guy my credit card info.

Those auctions are both scams using stolen accounts. Want to have some fun? When someone wants you contact them with an email address instead of through eBay, copy the email address and search for it using eBay advanced search on title and description. If you do that with the two in this thread, you will see that each has more than one stolen account and lots of 1-day stuff listed.

Bob Crites

Those auctions are both scams using stolen accounts. Want to have some fun? When someone wants you contact them with an email address instead of through eBay, copy the email address and search for it using eBay advanced search on title and description. If you do that with the two in this thread, you will see that each has more than one stolen account and lots of 1-day stuff listed. Bob Crites

Yep, notice this part:

E-mail me before you bid.

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT

FRASBES@HOTMAIL.COM INSTEAD OF USING "ASK SELLER A QUESTION" AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE. THANKS!

Notice the part where you are not to use eBay's "ask seller a question" feature to contact the seller

Somehow I posted this twice. Whoops. There is also currently an 24 hour auction for a set of La Scalas with free shipping (next day air). Wouldn't next day air on a set of these run well over $1k?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEAUTIFIL-Set-of-Klipsch-La-Scala-Floor-Speakers_W0QQitemZ8387501804QQcategoryZ543QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He also mentions that ebay e-mail isn't working. I think I'll send this guy my credit card info.

Be sure to include your Social Security number too.

Those auctions are both scams using stolen accounts. Want to have some fun? When someone wants you contact them with an email address instead of through eBay, copy the email address and search for it using eBay advanced search on title and description. If you do that with the two in this thread, you will see that each has more than one stolen account and lots of 1-day stuff listed. Bob Crites

And the irony being that many of us can find these scammers so easily, and ebay can't? There's something rotten in Denmark, I think.

The seller e-mailed me back. You're going to like his response, it reads like one of those "My husband, the sultan died. Please send me your bank account # so I can send you his money!" phishing e-mails.

Hi,

Thank you for your email.Selling price for the item is 1400$ delivery included.Here are the details you need in order to finalise the purchase.Payment for the item is via western union and will go to my associate name.All you have to do in order to complete the payment via western union is to locate the closest western union agency using www.westernunion.com, find agent location option from their home page ,go there with the money your id card and my details and complete the payment.Now here are the details you need from my side :

John Lang

35 great russel st

London,WC1B 3PP

UK

Email me as soon as you complete the payment with the name and address of the sender,western union 10 digits money transfer control number and also the delivery address.Will look forward for your reply with the necessar informations in order for me to arrange everything that means the delivery of the item to your address.

Yours

It looks like somebody at Ebay got wise and pulled the auctions.