Internet pricing on Klipsch products

mam

what gives? the pricing on some internet sites such as: www.acousticsounddesign.com and www.sounddistributors.com blow away retail dealer price. yes i understand "grey market" goods, knock offs, reproductions, no warranty but these sites claim factory sealed new in a box with north american warranty. one listing on ebay or whereever i've looked at so many even showed product stacked up in boxes... i wish i could blow that image up and get the addresses on the shipping labels!!

remarks or comments...?

the shipping labels will be removed if not already. at

some point they were bought from an authorized dealer but to be able to get a warranty u have to hope the firm u bot from stays around & maybe hope the firm they bot from stays around if they weren't the authorized dealer.

some may tell u to return it to the dealer it was drop shipped from rather than them. uncle's does some biz w/ other internet sellers that way.

yea it's like you're buying it used so you have to return it to the guy who bought from an authorized dealer. u don't have a warranty, the place you bought from does, or the place they bought from does, etc.

like this legacy audio/video in new york. they pass the order to Uncle's. Uncle's bought it from an authorized dealer so if you need warranty work you go straight to uncle's. uncle's pays for shipping it from u back to them. then they ship to the authorized dealer they bought from or straight to the factory. then they pay for the ship back to you.

so if uncle's goes under you're SOL.

This message has been edited by boa12 on 10-24-2001 at 02:59 AM

well it seems these peolpe might in most cases be buying from an authorized dealer and reselling. that tells me the dealer has a lot of wiggle room in the price or they are buying in bulk for increased margin and wholesaling surplus at cost in order to increase margin on "normal" sales. i have seen discounts as large as 25-30% so would asking for 15% off a cash purchase be out of line with a dealer?

i also see alot of klf c7 center speakers "new". i thought this series was discontinued a few yrs ago? i posted a topic on the home theatre forum and most suggested i use this center with my cornwalls however klipsch suggest the rc7.

thanks everyone and i'm looking forward to more replies and the day that i can help out someone!

actually getting 25-30% off at a fully authorized dealer isn't out of the question. got that for my klipsch here locally. dealers are getting real sensative to the net deals. 25% off msrp or i'm goin to the net seems to work.

i got my 2nd c7 which blends w/ the cornwalls very nice new. for 50% off msrp at www.ubid.com full 5 yr factory warranty. like keith said above.

Ubid is an authorized Internet dealer and sells Klipsch closeouts. We also have "brick and mortar" dealers such as Tweeter and good guys! (just to name two of several) who are authorized to sell our product on their own websites in their marketing area. If you have any questions about if a dealer is authorized to sell to you, 1-800-KLIPSCH can verify it. If you click on any page (including this one) at the bottom right where it says "unauthorized dealers" you'll see our official statement and advisory.

PhilH

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

yea it's like you're buying it used so you have to return it to the guy who bought from an authorized dealer. u don't have a warranty, the place you bought from does, or the place they bought from does, etc.

like this legacy audio/video in new york. they pass the order to Uncle's. Uncle's bought it from an authorized dealer so if you need warranty work you go straight to uncle's. uncle's pays for shipping it from u back to them. then they ship to the authorized dealer they bought from or straight to the factory. then they pay for the ship back to you.

so if uncle's goes under you're SOL.

Ok..I got my KLF-C7 center from Uncles. I assumed they were an authorized dealer.

At any rate, why couldn't Uncles become an authorized dealer? For that matter, why couldn't I if I wanted to sell on the Internet?

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Nakamichi 482 Cassette Deck; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

raven, can't answer your ? like the companies involved can, but i believe it has something to do w/ control.

uncle's has been around for what 20 some years so wouldn't be too worried. i've bought some things thru them knowing the possible risk.

for your rear center you may want to go for another c7.

i have one & it matches well all around. might wanna try ubid though Smile.gif

------------------

What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?

My Home Systems Page

FYI if you try to take your internet purchase to a local dealer to have it repaired good luck, on the other hand if you purchase it from an authorized dealer and, say you move across the country in many cases your new local dealer will be happy to work on repairs. by the way asking for a 10-20% cash discount is fine by most dealers, in some cases 25-30% dicounts for major spenders. Cash does a lot of things especially for the locally owned guys who like cash rather than credit cards and amex which have fees and delays in getting the money. Whatever you do don't use the give me a disount THIS big or I'll go to the internet, that will just piss off the dealer and he'll let you walk. i used to do that to customers all the time and rellied on klipsch's authority to invalidate the warranty of anything not purchased through auth.'d dealers