Members Weekly Music Recommendations-Feb. 27

thebes

Even though it is still technically winter, the days are getting longer

and it won't be long until I can open up the windows and start

educating the neighbors about my musical tastes. May need some

new tuens to help advance their understanding.

Format's simple: Name of artist or group, name of album, type of

music as best you can (rock, blues etc.), and recording format (cd, lp

etc.)

As usual I'll start it off with:

Supertramp, "Crime of the Century", rock, lp

A recently acquired pristine album, a gift from a fellow forum

member, I really like this one. Hippy-dippy rock from the

Golden Age, I havent' heard it for years. Very pleasently

suprised by the quality of the sound, wonderfull stereo effects

and overall craftsmanship. Has theeir biggest hit "Dreamer" on

it. Rocks too!

So what do you have to share this week?

Aerosmith --Rocks

70s sleaze rock

I remember walking into a friend's house when I was 17 and his 15 year old brother was playing this right after it came out. God it rocked. Fantastic beat, guitar, and vocals with knarly a hit on it unless you count "Last Child". All the songs are so down and dirty -- I remember hearing "he gave the ladies a lick and a promise!", and I was hooked.

I just heard this again last week, and it still sounds as greasy and ballsy as it it did then--an absolute classic. The crap Aerosmith puts out now doesn't come close--

Corrosion of Conformity- In the Arms of God

CD- Hard and heavy with a tinge of Black Sabbath tone and riffing going on.

I probally already recomended this album, but who cares it's that good. Buy it if you like talented raw real metal. This grows on you like all good albums do. Not something you fall in love with the first time you hear it then you are bored of it in a week. No this just keeps getting better, and better as time goes by. The drummer is seriously slammin on this recording.

Aerosmith --Rocks

70s sleaze rock

I remember walking into a friend's house when I was 17 and his 15 year old brother was playing this right after it came out. God it rocked. Fantastic beat, guitar, and vocals with knarly a hit on it unless you count "Last Child". All the songs are so down and dirty -- I remember hearing "he gave the ladies a lick and a promise!", and I was hooked.

I just heard this again last week, and it still sounds as greasy and ballsy as it it did then--an absolute classic. The crap Aerosmith puts out now doesn't come close--

Right on about Aerosmith; Rocks!! The music they do now is no where near as good as that, to many mushy ballads,not enough dirt.

Now my choice, DELBERT McCLINTON; Cost of Living!!! Why doesn't anyone ever mention this guy? Good song writer, Great voice, and backed up by a GREAT band. His songs are about real life and some of the roadblocks we find on the road of life. Delbert has been at it for over thirty years, and is better now than ever. Earlier in the month I wrote about, Delbert McClinton Live, a fine, fine recording.I know some people don't like LIVE recordings,(I do) so give this studio disc a listen, you won't be sorry. This guy covers it all, Rock, Blues, Honky Tonk, Country,Soul, and he does it Damn Good. This guy is an American treasure, and in my humble opinion, OVERLOOKED!!!

Brooks & Dunn - Hard Workin' Man - Country.

I've been going through my old CDs finding which ones have the most natural sounding voices and instruments and this CD definitely is one of the best that I have! Absolutely no sibilance in the voices, very detailed instruments such as the steel guitar and mandolin. The Boot Scootin' Boogie remix as the last track definitely will keep your toes tappin and woofers whappin!

Aerosmith --Rocks

70s sleaze rock

I got a 6LP aersosmith set off ebay awhile ago, this was one of them. Pristine condition, I didn't have any expectations when I put it on but WOW, Aerosmith were in a totally different league back in the day. Great suggestion, a very energetic album too.

Bring back a few memories.....
Get on the "Magic Carpet Ride" and enjoy the ride.

Steppenwolf - Best of Steppenwolf- 20th Century Masters

Audio CD, Rock
Original Release Date: April 20, 1999

01 Born to Be Wild
02 Magic Carpet Ride
03 It's Never Too Late
04 Rock Me
05 Snowblind Friend
06 Hey Lawdy Mama
07 Ride With Me
08 Move Over
09 Who Needs Ya-
10 The Pusher

Greg's pick: Snowblind Friend

Note: This is also great music for anyone currently heavily medicated!

post-17133-13819283769374_thumb.jpg