Are you a packrat?

steamer

My ex girlfriends last comment as she walked out the door was something about packrat.LOL

Yes it is true! I have saved every box that any piece of electronic gear came in.Great for when you need to ship with the less than caring UPS handlers.Other than that I have no clue what she is talking about.

So the question at hand is how many empty boxes do you have laying around?Mine are all in one place in a bedroom never used.

Greg

I'm guilty of that myself. In my attic is the original exhaust system from the 1982 Suzuki 750 I had way back in the 80's. I had a pair of headers put on it and threw the orininals in the attic in case I needed them. I wrecked the bike shortly after I put the new pipe on. So why the heck do I still have the originals?[:^)]

I always saved my audio boxes (except for the turntable somehow) for moving, but I haven't moved in 17 years. I also have lp boxes (no more than 25 per box for the lp's sake). Unfortunately I have not been able to find more and my collection has grown. Hopefully the resurgence of vinyl will help. I still have the original boxes for my forte II's, and used them to transport the second pair I bought. To me, functional boxes like this are not a bad idea. However, if you want to know if you are one of the million Americans (if you are American) suffering from this troubling psychological disorder, then......

Signs of compulsive hoarding:

--An excessive amount of clutter that limits living space.

--Difficulty categorizing and organizing items.

--Holding onto possessions that seem of little or no value.

--Severe anxiety when trying to throw out an object.

--Trouble making decisions about possessions.

--Feeling anxious, embarrassed or depressed because of clutter.

--Fears about needing items that could be thrown away.