What would you guys buy these for

ACDCRB25

I'm looking into buying a pair of RF35's from my local Klipsch Dealer (Aurora Tv&Video), as you all know they are NOW discountinued. The models I'm looking into purchasing are store displays so theres some wear and tear on them (little chips in the woodgrain MDF at the bottom of the towers and a few little nicks down there as well, mostly the corners.

The guy wants to sell them to me for 895 CAD WITHOUT taxes, what price do you think I should try to get them to sell me em' for? $600.xx? (due too discontinuation and damage on the store display models... he has no more in stock).

What does that equal in US dollars? There are 3 new-in-box RF-35 pairs on eBay right now anywhere from $736 - $800 including shipping.

I'd say knock an easy 25% off for being floor models. They could have had them set up since they came out in 2003!

Apparantly he was trying too sell them for 1700 for a pair at first (He asks are you from Brandon..) I respond yes, cause I am. Then he tells me the price is 1200, after that i showed him the fact that they are now dicontinued.. he said he'd give me a special price (895 without taxes).

Other pictures: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/Syph_r4dic/scuff1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/Syph_r4dic/scuff2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/Syph_r4dic/scuff3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/Syph_r4dic/scuff4.jpg

Ebay listing price conversion

793.28 USD

United States Dollars

=

898.041 CAD

Canada Dollars

1 USD = 1.13206 CAD

1 CAD = 0.883345 USD

post-19158-1381928379585_thumb.jpg

If msrp is really CDN$1700, then 895 is an ok price, see if you can go lower- Try $800! ... Has he got new replacements in yet? Does he need room for something new? try to judge how badly he wants to get them out. Visit him early in the week when sales are slow...

As for CND vs US pricing, I have noticed that Canadians are getting a raw deal on alot of electronics. The higher Canadian prices where justified when we had a 65 cent dollar, but now with the canadian dollar at close to 87 cents US, I have not seen much of a corresponding price decrease on specialy items. On highly competitive stuff like DVD players, sure, but not on alot of other stuff. Too Bad.

If msrp is really CDN$1700, then 895 is an ok price, see if you can go lower- Try $800! ... Has he got new replacements in yet? Does he need room for something new? try to judge how badly he wants to get them out. Visit him early in the week when sales are slow...

As for CND vs US pricing, I have noticed that Canadians are getting a raw deal on alot of electronics. The higher Canadian prices where justified when we had a 65 cent dollar, but now with the canadian dollar at close to 87 cents US, I have not seen much of a corresponding price decrease on specialy items. On highly competitive stuff like DVD players, sure, but not on alot of other stuff. Too Bad.

I'll take that into consideration, whats the MSRP from other stores does anyone know? Hey Klipsch.com guys what are your thoughts on this... I really want these speakers but if there overpriced i'm not gettin em.

Talked too the dealer he won't budge in the price.

Can anyoen else do me a favor and head down too the local Klipsch dealer and see what he/she sells the 35's for? Klipsch dealers please enlighten me on the present discontinued MSRP for the RF35's.

It is not necessarily the dealers fault. Speakers generally have 50% markup ( one of the few items along with accessories that actually make money- if a store sold every piece of electronics at full MSRP, they would not make enough profit to survive...but that is another story).

You can probably blame Klipsch for keeping the price high.

Borders do still exist as a barrier to trade and information. Only in highly competitive commodity markets, like DVD players, TVs, etc will Canadian prices be close to US x exchange rate. The reverse happened a few years ago with cars, because of the high exchange rate, it was cheaper to buy a car in Canada and ship it to the US. There was a huge gray market of new Silverados going south!

With electronics having new models every year, you can juggle prices more often, but most retailers do not like huge price decreases. Why would a store want to cut the price on a set of speakers? It just cuts into their profit and you will have lots of customer comming back to complain and get rebates! Cutting the price by 20% will not increase their sales by 20%. The marketing term for this is elasticity of demand. The demand for speakers is inelastic: Cutting prices will not increase sales enough to compensate.

I dont like it either, but it is reality.