Outlaws are in town and .....

MarkBK

gunnin' for AVR300s.

After the wiring and learning to press the right buttons [:$] for 7.1 analog music...............................................................................................................................................................................................

WOW! I am speechless.......................................and this is with only 20 minutes of "break in"

...that you think that makes me happy...I was worried after the glowing reports on the AVR that the Outlaws were sunk...are you going to part with all that Mac Gear??? [:P][;)]

Bill

I may be speechless, but I'm not sleeping[:o]!!! So after a few hours.......

The 990/7125 : Very neutral amp - pre sound is extremely detailed - brighter than the tubes (no surprise there) - great soundstage - front to back and depth too. Tight bass - great dynamics.....still have to tweak the setup as I just did a very quick configuration.

Anyone contemplating Outlaw will NOT be disappointed - I doubt these are going back.[6]

BTW - Outlaw interconnects: VERY impressive build quality - outstanding locking RCA connectors - A VERY BIG cable diameter wise.... a great bang for the buck. I'm using the PCA for pre to power amp connections and for 7.1 analog - the PCS pure silvers for coax and Video and the optical for Cable HDTV. I can see why they are so proud of the build quality on these cables - they are awesome!!!!!

I agree,anyone looking at the $2k ballpark should not buy until they

audition the 990/7125 combo.I liked the 990 but the 7125 was the star

of the show.The 7125 is a real winner in the price/performance

catagory,I'd say new with 5 year warranty it can't be topped at its

price in the combo.It cost me a little do audition the combo but I

don't think I would be satisfied if I had not.

Wrapping up day four of burn in on the Outlaws - getting better all the time - detail and sound stage are simply amazing. Great build quality on both units. Full review to come after I burn in the Outlaws and then do a shootout against the Arcam AVR300 - the most impressive receiver I've auditioned to date, that is comparable in price to the Outlaw combo.