Moving.... gear for sale

Daddy Dee

Well, I'm in the process of moving, not alot of fun, but the end result will be good. Because of the geography of our work, my wife and I have had to maintain two households for the last five years. So, it's a good thing to be moving back in with her. We'll go from two empty nests to one empty nest. She tells me that my nest has too much audio gear to call it empty...

As I get more into the process of sorting through things and packing, there will be more to list.

For now, I apologize in advance that I do not have any pics of this gear to offer. I will describe it as appropriate and will be glad to answer any questions. In addition to that, if you should buy a piece of gear and it is not as you expect, you can send it back and I will refund your money. (less shipping, of course) I don't want your money if you are not happy. I'd rather have your good will. I'd rather not be selling this gear, but these are things grownups have to do sometime.

For now, this is what I've got. Next week, my daughters will be home for spring break (That is very cool, BTW, that they still want to come home to see their folks) and they will help me start packing. For what I've got left by then, one of them will take pics with her digital camera, and these things will be off to Audiogon.

SOLD Eico HF-81 $425 This unit was rebuilt by hotglassaudio.com. The brass faceplate has been cleaned, polished and lacquered. The case is painted with a nice black hammered finish. This unit was originally a kit and the rebuild was extensive to clean up the original work. DRBILL, a forum member here looked over this unit after it was rebuilt and commented that it was as fine a work as he'd seen. The sound is very good. Tubes are all Mullard.

SOLD Eico HF-81 $325 This unit is an engineer built kit and is all original. DRBILL went over this unit and found it of sufficient quality that it was better left original. He has a "if it ain't broke" philosophy on audio. On occasions when I have offered these to the forum before, I have asked him if he would be available as a reference, and he has graciously agreed to do that.

SOLD Wright WPA 3.5 single 2A3SET monoblock: I am not the original owner. Erik Mandaville was kind enough to go over this unit for me. It had been modded, and he returned it to stock spec, which made it sound better than when I got it. $375. This unit looks very good, too. One end bell is slightly dented. Erik pointed this out to me. It was not especially noticeable. I had actually missed it when I set it up briefly before sending it to him. Has very good Sovtek 2A3. I have a variety of 6SN7 and rectifier options, all good.

SOLD ALK Universal Type A crossover: $300. This pair hand built by the man himself. The sound is very good. They have never even been run hard. You could purchase the same crossovers in kit form, but the price would be the same.

Contact me for more information.