Is this service?

JeffDurbin

I purchased three pairs of RB-25s and an RC-25 for a 7.1 speaker system last week. I already own an Infinity CSW-10 subwoofer.

These are floor model purchases from Nebraska Furniture Mart. The RC-25 was missing one of the jumpers. I sent an email to Klipsch customer service asking if they have a spare jumper. I was hoping they would say 'sure' and drop one in the mail to me. I wouldn't have been that surprised if they had asked me to pay a couple bucks to cover postage. Instead, I get a 'we don't have those' response.

That seems silly to me. This is a small copper strap. It's not like it's obsolete. It looks like all of the speakers of that size have the same design for their mounting post faceplate. My guess is that all of the jumpers on all of the speakers are identical. What do you mean there simply are none to be had? Makes no sense to me.

I am particularly frustrated because when I purchased the floor model Infinity subwoofer it didn't come with the RABOS kit. As a result, Ultimate Electronics marked it down from an already low $396 ($1,000 MSRP) to $296 (70% off list). I sent an email to Infinity and they happily sent me a free RABOS kit. I expected better service from Klipsch than Infinity. No matter how much I dislike Jane Harman's politics, I have to admit that her husband runs a damn fine audio conglomerate. I wish I could say the same about the Klipsch. family.

• Klipsch Employees

You must have talked to the parts dept.

And no, that is not a "warranty" part. The only parts that the parts dept has on their "list" are "warranty parts".

If you will email me, I will be glad to find you a jumper. (no charge)

Anytime there is a problem like that the TECH SUPPORT DEPT. is the place to go.

If parts does not have it, ask Tech support.

• Klipsch Employees

The parts in the mail....I sent a Left and right jumper.

FYI: We buy the input / network as one part. The jumpers come on the input.

Thus not a "warranty" part.

Anytime someone needs a jumper, ask parts for the RF-7 jumper. We do have thoes.

they will fit most any speaker that needs one.

I had the same sort of thing happen to me. I ordered two pairs of RF-83s recently and one got one. Heck, I even paid full MSRP for the first pair. So, Trey if you don't mind, just kindly send me the second pair directly and we'll put this bad taste in my mouth to bed...

What say you?

David