Black Academy's for sale (2)

Coytee

I've got two black Academy's that are just gathering dust and not being used.

I'll attach some pics of each (and will try to differentiate the pics so you know which is which)

Frankly, I'm torn on doing this so if I end up sounding wishy washy (like my current brain lock on how much to ask) I can only hope you'll bear with me a bit.

I'm thinking $400 plus shipping. Fair? (that is each & not for a pair) These are bone stock and I'm original owner.

Pics to follow

Darn you, Coytee! I had already started a thread about unloading my black Academies just before you listed these and had to close it out to take care of something...lol Of all the rotten timing!!! Congrats on your sale...

David

PM sent

Tomorrow (Thursday) I've got a seminar to put on so it's going to be a nonproductive day for me on this stuff.

Give me a couple days to get them boxed up & over to (FedEx ok??) for shipping costs, ok?

Once we know real shipping costs, then we'll know net total. (I won't charge anything other than actual shipping BUT, I WILL do my best to over box/protect them)

[:D]

I'll send you my 800 number at work tomorrow.

Well then, at the risk of ME sounding (uninteded) rude, why don't you two compare notes on yours. It's certainly possible he might prefer yours to mine and I'd have NO issues with that at all (presuming you two can come to mutually agreeable terms)

I was just in a weak moment having just put wifes rolex/Tag on ebay...was preparing to put THESE on ebay too and thought I'd try here again.

I really am perfectly happy keeping these, much to my wifes chagrin.

Or... you & I can reinvestigate our Academy Cartel!!

[6]

LOL @ the Academy Cartel comment. Yeah, we Academy sheiks (sp?) are a small, yet elite group... ;)

I thank you for your most generous offer, but you have a deal and I won't infringe on that. If there is anyone else who is interested in another Academy (or three), just let me know. I'll start a thread in a few days along with a few pics. After that to ebay they go...

St Patrick-I'd get him to throw in a free watch with that deal!!!

David

David (and Patrick),

I'm serious... my understanding is you've had yours professionally refinished. Mine are not. yours might look enought "better" than mine such that Patrick might regret having locked mine in.

I'll put it this way, it will be most fair to Patrick who was first to stick his hand up (talk about being in the right place at the right time eh?!!!)

Put your pics & pricing up with the stipulation that Patrick has first right of refusal. If he prefers the pricing/condition of yours then you two close the deal. If he prefers my pricing/condition, then this deal will stay as is.

I'm just putting MYSELF into Patrick's shoes and realize that I'd have the fleeting thought go through my head "Great...I've been waiting for these for years, find a pair and isn't it just grand that 1 hour after I bought mine, a nicer pair came up"

I just think it's more fair if we let Patrick "decide" rather than us Academy Sheiks!

(does this mean, we're turning our Shiekdom over to Patrick?)

You should have offered them both to me in trade for the DBX gear, I would have certainly considered it.

I have been looking to downsize my Belle's in the rear and a pair of Academy's would have fit the bill perfectly.

Let me know how things work out, and I will take the pair off your hands @ $400 Each + shipping. Do you have the original cartons?

The plot thickens...............

Here are the pics of my Academies. I can try to get some better quality photos tomorrow or Saturday if you like, but they are all nearly mint. I would like to get $450 plus actual shipping. They would be double-boxed and packed to the hilt. Shipping receipt will be included with the speaker(s). EDIT-looks like the pic didn't upload. I will get a few pics on here shortly...

David