One Word AMAZING!

JDeSimone

Got my new Outlaw 990/7125 combo installed last night. My first time with serperate components I was blown away. More info coming. Gotta go listen some more![:D]

Welcome to the club! I am continuously amazed at how great this combo sounds. Enjoy! the 2 channel is quite good!

This stuff looks pretty cool -- just visited their website. However, I have no idea what this stuff does! Will these components replace my pioneer elite receiver? What added benefits do they have other than power? Is this set up equally good for home theater as well as for music?

I'm not currently in the market for upgrades, but always want to learn more...

Okay sorry it took me so long to get back on this but due to some RL issues ...

Well I am not by any means an audiophile. I am goin on 52 and have abused my hearing to no end with everything from live loud music to parking jets. That being said this combo sounds wonderful. Very dynamic sound. The room is totally quiet except when playing the source material.

Now here is my quandry. As much as I enjoy what I am hearing or not hearing as the case may be. Is it worth close to 2k to me. Don't get me wrong I am really happy with both the prepro and the amp. There is no lack of quality here. I still have a couple of weeks left on my 30day evaluation. I will let you know what I decide.

I have a Fosgate FAP-T1+ pre-amp I got for $805 from woot.com and a used Rotel RB-985 I got for $400 on eBay and I have to honestly admit that they really aren't going to be any better than a closeout $1,300 Harman Kardon AV 635 receiver on Amazon.com for $615.

I bet I could still get close to $1,200 for my separates and redeploy into the receiver choice.

Separates are critical for driving a tough (e.g. 4 ohm) load like Maggies but let's face it, Klipsch are pretty easy to drive - even with a high-quality receiver like HK, Denon or Outlaw.