Zebrawood Klipschorn Alert

fini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

----------------

On 12/9/2003 7:09:02 PM MarkBK wrote:

I will have pictures of the Zebrawood Cornwalls I'm selling later tonight.

Mark - see my reply to post regarding Cornwalls.

----------------

I would be interested in purchasing these. However the price+shipping would break me.

I think Smilin would be VERY interested in these bad boys? Steve?

Thanks!

Tom

AKA

Many guitar companies are using sapele mahogany instead of honduran mahogany. I don't know if it is availability or what. It makes a beautiful tonewood for guitars.

Below is a pic of the back of a Taylor 300 series (almost the least expensive they make), with sapele back and sides:

sapele.jpg

----------------

On 12/9/2003 8:23:48 PM jdyer wrote:

Hi Bill, Let's see if this works. i'm a lousy photographer. I'll try to do better in the daylight. John

----------------

It doesn't matter what kind of photographer you are, those are absolutely beautiful speakers! You must be very proud of them.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum!

Thanks,

Hey Marvel: That's very beautiful. I have a 1979 Alvarez Yairi, whatever the model is which looks like a Martin d41. The back is called Honduran flame mahogany, a very figured burl, with a rosewood vee. I tried to play for 25 years and finally broke my thumb which put me out of my misery. I posted a picture of my KH's below and the wood looks identical. Take care. John

fini,

My dad had an old Ford pickup that he bought used. The previous owner had put squirrel skins/fur on the door armrests. It was pretty weird. I always wondered why he kept it that way, as he didn't hunt of anything. May he kept them to annoy my mom.

Marvel

Hey Paul: Thanks a lot for the technical help. I'm curious; it seems that an awful lot of folks are incorporating KH's into home theater. i use separate systems and only have a modest HT setup. I've heard it said that "why should you turn the best seats in the house into the cheapest." I don't mean to sound like a stereo snob, but I guess I am amazed you can get such a system balanced out. Do you separately amp each speaker? I'll bet you have to screw the roof down once you get it right. Thanks again. John

Bill: Thanks a lot. I'm certainly no expert, but they sure sound sweet to me. I power the mids and highs with Cary 300B monoblocks and the bass with a 220 watt SS Nikko amp with level controls on the back, so you can dial in the bass. I couldn't be happier, but I read about some of the systems folks in this forum have put together, and maybe it is just that ignorance is bliss. thanks again. John