Forum clock

dtel

• Moderators

Is it just my settings or is the forum clock off by a few hours, it's been like this for a good while or is it just me? It's off by more than just a few time zones.

Edit: It said 5:06 and it is 11:06 on my clock ?

Where is the forum clock anyhow? Anyway...the time reported for your post, 12:06 p.m., was indeed "18 minutes ago" when I called it up, so that part of the forum clock seems to be OK.

Which leads me to...will Indy still be on Central Standard time when the United States switches to daylight time a weekend or two from now? So that us easterners will again have to start mentally adding (or is it subtracting?) an hour from the posted time to tell how long ago a magnificent post was made?

• Moderators

It's not really a clock, just when you post a new topic it says the time posted.

I SCREWED UP a while back when i was looking at my profile i must have hit the line that says what time zone/country , i had it set up to London time by accident.

I just noticed when i came back to look for replies i did not log in and the time was correct, so i log in to reply and the time was now 5 hours off.

I may be slow but i will this new computer thing sooner or later .

Ah, but Indiana is special! It was the only state with several permutations of timezone boundaries and which and whether each part of the state would be in the Eastern or Central TZ, and on standard or daylight time in the summer. Until this year (so far), Indianapolis has stayed on Eastern standard time year-around, so that it spent the winter sharing Eastern time and the summer sharing Central time with its neighbors.

Their new law seems to be going into effect; see Time Changes Confusing in Indiana.

The former situation even became an 8th-grade curriculum integration project in 1997: What Time is it in Indiana? It looked rather over their head to me.