I am looking for a cheap 2 channel amp/tuner or integrated... SS ok!

Clarence

The thread says it all. My ST-70 will be here Friday, and I am in need of an inexpensive (under $100.00) either integrated or AMP/Tuner separate combo. I dont want anything that has known problems that will need repair. (I prefer VG/Mint cosmetic condition as well) Marantz, HK, dont care. I will be driving my HIII's with them if my amp needs any service.. (not that I'm expecting any problems, I am just being cautious.) I have trades available, a 20 GB Color MP3 player, and a Trek Mountain bike, all sorts of stuff. Or cash. Whatever.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I prefer dealing with a forum member before eBay for electronics. Thanks everybody!

my junk email account is blingfast@hotmail.com. Please use Klipsch in the subject. I check it regularly.

Also, I have started doing some outside PC work. If you are in Oakland County and need help with your PC, (crashing, viruses, slow systems, complete rebuilds) I am you guy. I can be reached at 248-515-2225. Leave a message and I'll call you back. I am Microsoft and Linksys Certified and can install wired and wireless networks, etc. Look for me on Craigslist Detroit under "Barter" and "PC Services" soon!

Will work for stereo equipment...... =)

Colin,

The one ran by batteries?

Hmmmm.... I was really looking for something with an integrated tuner and pre.

I was thinking something along the lines of Ben's Marantz Amp and Tuner, only mint. (Sorry ben, I cant afford to do the repairs on the lights....)

Craig,

I am looking for a mule for when I send my ST-70 to you for repair...

(fingers crossesd that it never needs it)

C

I seriously don't think your ST70 will need any work for at least 20 years except tube replacements. Now upgrades maybe... that depends on your musical preferences.

So what are you going to use for a preamp or volume control device with the ST70?

Craig

Clarence:

Craig's point is important. A source is kind of nice since you need some program material :) But, unless your amp is an integrated amplifier, you're going to need something between the tuner/cdp/taper -- whatever -- and amps. If you are going connect the source, such as a cd player right to the amps, and you're using the variable outputs of the cd player in conjunction with its volume control/remote, than that would work. I just haven't cared for that sounds.

...maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want (?)

Erik

I paid 127.00 delievered for my Panasonic XA-SR 45 class T 6X100 reciever. I've never hear anything at any price that sounds appreciably better in my all Heritage system. It keeps my ST-70 from needing to go to the shop for repair or retubing by not having the kids use it and keeping it for my most personal listening moments.

I've not heard anything in 30 years I'd consider a real paradigm shift rather than just innovation or evolution IMHO.

Dave

Craig - The squeezebox has a great volume controll. It remains to be seen how it works with the ST-70. The Dynaco should be here Friday. Thanks for the kind words regarding the ST-70, I am so excited about it.

Erik - Ditto. If it sounds like sh!t, I will be needing a Merlin. Remember most of my music is MP3. I plan on purchasing, borrowing, or renting (library) CD's and using lossless encoding to rip them into my squeezebox.

Mallette - Can I get a link to the Panasonic XA-SR? I Googled it and didnt find much.

Clarence:

I was skimming when I first read your post on this, and obviously missed the point. I'm hoping you won't have 'problems' with the new one from Will, but if you did, I would encourage you to also consult him. I'm not discouraging other able people, but if there really was a problem, he is very reliable to take care of whatever it is.

That's right, I remember you mentioning MP3. So this is lossless encoding you use? What I have heard of MP3 (don't take this personally) has been unsatisfying, and I haven't cared for it. I have to say that this is most likely due to the fact that I haven't heard better examples -- IOWs, my own lack of experience with its capabilities.

Erik

• 3 weeks later...

Bump...

solid state is fine, Marantz, HK, Sansui, just something with no problems and looks decent. I need an integrated tuner to play with for 100 shipped to mid-MI. I will be using this integrated to push HIII's. I prefer something with a strong FM tuner. I prefer 2 chanel but would look at a quad.

Thanks!