Jay481985

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay,Congrats on the 83's,I've not heard any Klipsch that sucked (even

compared to 7's)so I think you'll be ok.The difference may be more a

personal preference,you may love the 83's in your set up.If they're

like most Klipsch you'll be very happy with em'.

you know what Fish, it is like that post on music we like to not tell we listen to.... I mean I will probably 99% likely love them but then will not say that much because I will get 99 people saying the rf-7 are superior because they have them too.... It's not really a jealousy but people tend to love what they have...... And try to boast their ego to tell them not to upgrade or so forth.

Jay,the 7's guys'/gals get the Heritage treatment sometimes but its

really all personal preference and the Heritage people have good cause

to love their Klipsch too.I've never thought less of my 7's cause

someone likes Khorns,its all good,just different.I have KLF 20's too

and they have a few things on the 7's but I prefer the 7's still.I've

heard nothing bad about 83's,they do sound different I hear but may

very well appeal to a larger group.

You should be very happy.

Fish

Ha...I think you ran into more trouble on the Rotel remark(me

included),although if you do an audition and don't like it thats fine.I

didn't see much other than a few opinions of not being overly

impressed,I've read worse about 7's.

Congrats on your new RF83s and 21st birthday! [co]

Forget about the beer and go straight to the wine(I kept walking into liquor shop as I just hit 21 several months ago) [6]

You knew the salesmen there or you don't know them and they give you a deal for 1600? I'm gonna pass by there next week or so to hunt for the RF7s or RF83s around NYC..... see if I can get a good deal around. [:D]

Actually I like Scotch Whisky or Whiskey in general (note the proper spelling [;)]) and wine. I am not into the vodka or the stuff made to just get you drunk. I have a Shiraz in my fridge right now unopened that seriosuly my parents brought me... I believe it is from autrailia.

Actually what perked my interest was nicholti (sp) talk of port wine. I will try his recommendation of Grams port.

OK Im from removed state so I tried to stick with my side of the river in dealerships. I know one place removed dealer that still has a pair of cherry rf7 for removed price they offered me (supposedly beause the manager remembers me when I almost brought them last may)

removed dealer I did not know anyone there but I got to know them. I worked with a saleman named removed name, he is a nice straight forward will tell you what you can go home with them for. I believe the time they put the rf-83 into the computer before it was released I saw the computer read removed price but then when he updated due to me wanting cherry I saw the price was removed price now but he still gave me the removed price price but I think he will still. Also I posted on the other thread you posted, I will pick the rf83 in store since it is cheaper to pay the removed tax state tax then have them actually shipped to nj and wave the tax (shakes fist at tax and 100 pound rf83 [:P]) But I will ask on rf83 price and if your interested I will also mention that I have a friend wanting some rf83. removed dealer has one black rf-7 and one cherry rf7. They cherry was due to a warantee exchange and they have to buy in pairs. Same for the black.... removed name actually jokingly and seriously offered me a discount but I just could not live with cherry and black... What would I say to my friends I joked back? "I just could not decide which color so I got both?" [:D]

Actually I like Scotch Whisky or Whiskey in general (note the proper spelling [;)]) and wine. I am not into the vodka or the stuff made to just get you drunk. I have a Shiraz in my fridge right now unopened that seriosuly my parents brought me... I believe it is from autrailia.

I have never heard of refrigerating shiraz nor have I ever. If you have never had it I would reccomend taking it out of the fridge and storing it on its side or upside down until you can enjoy it. Don't wait to long as its probably not going to get better with age.

Actually what perked my interest was nicholti (sp) talk of port wine. I will try his recommendation of Grams port.

OK Im from NJ so I tried to stick with my side of the river in dealerships. I know one place Sixth Avenue that still has a pair of cherry rf7 for 1600 they offered me (supposedly beause the manager remembers me when I almost brought them last may)

JandR I did not know anyone there but I got to know them. I worked with a saleman named Myron, he is a nice straight forward will tell you what you can go home with them for. I believe the time they put the rf-83 into the computer before it was released I saw the computer read 799 but then when he updated due to me wanting cherry I saw the price was 899 now but he still gave me the 799 price but I think he will still. Also I posted on the other thread you posted, I will pick the rf83 in store since it is cheaper to pay the 8.5% ny state tax then have them actually shipped to nj and wave the tax (shakes fist at tax and 100 pound rf83 [:P]) But I will ask on rf83 price and if your interested I will also mention that I have a friend wanting some rf83. JandR has one black rf-7 and one cherry rf7. They cherry was due to a warantee exchange and they have to buy in pairs. Same for the black.... Myron actually jokingly and seriously offered me a discount but I just could not live with cherry and black... What would I say to my friends I joked back? "I just could not decide which color so I got both?" [:D]

I guess Scotch is popular in college........ all of my friends are just getting Scotch in school(great for party I guess? [:P] ). Like Jackson said Shiraz does not serve in cold. Just let the Shiraz to warm up to 65ish before it serves. I only tried it once and did not have thick taste bud to enjoy it(for red I can stick with most light onces but not thick one like cabernet sauvignon).

Thanks for the info about the RF83s, I will definitely go to take a look there(but not the first, shop around for better price first [:P] ). I thought about the handling problem too...... 100lbs each and there's 2...... my car is no pick up truck but a tiny Civic. [+o(]

Oh I know how to store wine, really at 55 degrees but in my college dorm I rather leave it in the fridge as the coldness does not let the wine age, and the temperature fluctuation is crazy, if I forget to leave the windows open in the day time the room can hit 85 when the heating kicks in and if I forget to close the windows at night it can hit 40...... because I live next to a river and the wind from there can be crazy. I think of the two, the temperature fluctuation is worse then just leaving it in the fridge and letting it warm up before, btw I did not open it up yet.

Eh you can be surprised what a civic can handle as long as you plan ahead and maneuver the box in play. Also that is why I could not drive to meet tuned4life (doug) and pick up a pair of his cornwalls which were absolutely gorgeous. Damnit I wish I brought a wagen.

Also Scoth, heh they buy red label or dewar the cheap stuff..... I like Black Label, Glenmorrainge, Glenfiddich, etc. I might just goto manhattan and buy some Springbank 10 year (21 is outrageoud at 600 dollars a bottle) just to celebrate my 21.... I started with the blended but am really liking the single malts much better. And heh everyone in my floor drinks to get drunk and taste has no value to them..... They rather just have their vodka and hawain punch.... Or even worse, natty beer.... I mean seriously just drink paint if your going to drink that.... Also people do not like the strong smell of the single malts.... I mean red label to me is weak....

Also with wine suggestions pour it on me [:)}

Oh I know how to store wine, really at 55 degrees but in my college dorm I rather leave it in the fridge as the coldness does not let the wine age, and the temperature fluctuation is crazy, if I forget to leave the windows open in the day time the room can hit 85 when the heating kicks in and if I forget to close the windows at night it can hit 40...... because I live next to a river and the wind from there can be crazy. I think of the two, the temperature fluctuation is worse then just leaving it in the fridge and letting it warm up before, btw I did not open it up yet.

Eh you can be surprised what a civic can handle as long as you plan ahead and maneuver the box in play. Also that is why I could not drive to meet tuned4life (doug) and pick up a pair of his cornwalls which were absolutely gorgeous. Damnit I wish I brought a wagen.

Also Scoth, heh they buy red label or dewar the cheap stuff..... I like Black Label, Glenmorrainge, Glenfiddich, etc. I might just goto manhattan and buy some Springbank 10 year (21 is outrageoud at 600 dollars a bottle) just to celebrate my 21.... I started with the blended but am really liking the single malts much better. And heh everyone in my floor drinks to get drunk and taste has no value to them..... They rather just have their vodka and hawain punch.... Or even worse, natty beer.... I mean seriously just drink paint if your going to drink that.... Also people do not like the strong smell of the single malts.... I mean red label to me is weak....

Also with wine suggestions pour it on me [:)}

I will see what I can do next week while I have time to to the measurement.

Lol they are just trying to get you drunk on your 21st birthday. Enjoy the moment but not having headache like world's really moving on the next day [:P]

I'd take OJ and pretend I don't drink any alochol while people take their beer out [;)]

Wine is really personal on taste....... just try more and see what your local liquor store gets(no more shipping on wine on many states). But definitely try Chardonnay if you plan on eating seafood and Cabernet Sauvignon if you like tea. Buy your friend some ethanol if they just want to get drunk and save the bucks for the wine [6]

Wine is really personal on taste....... just try more and see what your local liquor store gets(no more shipping on wine on many states). But definitely try Chardonnay if you plan on eating seafood and Cabernet Sauvignon if you like tea. Buy your friend some ethanol if they just want to get drunk and save the bucks for the wine [6]

Will do but I thought now that the federal law relaxed the wine interstate laws so you can mail order wine from different states (the law was on the books from prohibition times to not allow interstate sales of alcohol)

Also they already do.... They just buy everclear (190 proof or 95%) and mix with kool aid and call it "jungle juice"..........

Will do but I thought now that the federal law relaxed the wine interstate laws so you can mail order wine from different states (the law was on the books from prohibition times to not allow interstate sales of alcohol)

Also they already do.... They just buy everclear (190 proof or 95%) and mix with kool aid and call it "jungle juice"..........

Did some search:

http://wi.shipcompliant.com/StateDetail.aspx?StateID=58

http://wi.shipcompliant.com/StateDetail.aspx?StateID=57

It relaxed a little(a tiny bit) but does not help. NJ is still prohibited and limited by lisencing intrastate mailing. And NY has the extremely complicated system for all these(but now UPS take orders to NY). Compare to ordering other stuff online like cables or electronics, I guess people would rather hop into the car to the liquor shop unless they want to collect a particular one. Plus tax and shipping too.

I'll keep my liver away from the jungle [;)]

They came in today..... guess what they did not fit in MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think the box is 56 inches high...... 3 inches tooo wide for my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11