Midwest Klipsch Forum Get Together Announced

boomac

It looks like Artto, Gil and Dr Who are coming up from Chicago.

With Artto comming up, I better double check my system tuning before the get together.[:D]

With the shape and size of my room, I have a lot of bass. If you want to hear the bass capability of Khorns, bring your favorite music along. I can do Vinal, red book CD's, DVD and DTS music sorry no SACD player at my house yet.

Gil, I did make some changes to bring down the bass since your last visit. Unlike others on this Forum. Actually, my system is a lot different since the last time you were at my house. Bass is a lot better sounding, solid, full and not boomy. I can get easily it boomey if you want though.

Will be a fun weekend.

JM

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. I'm not going in for a cadiac catherter angiogram with possible stent(s) on Monday after all [:D] so I'll definetly be coming up. Seems to have been some confusion as to whether this "appointment" was for a regular 6 month checkup or whether I was sheduled for the procedure. So......I plan on driving up Friday. I'll leave open the invitation for a few others to car pool with me but be advised that I'm probably going to head further north on Sunday morning and drive up to Road America in Elkhart for the SVRA Spring Vintage Races before heading back to Chicago.

I've had a Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass sitting around collecting dust for 8 or 9 years and it will finally get played this weekend. I have the bass amp as well and all we need now is artto. If anybody else has a musical instrument, bring it along. There are drums in the area!

For anyone interested in attending the Milwaukee Get Together please contact John Malotky or me (boomac) so we can get an accurate head count.

There will be activities: 19th, 20th & 21st

Friday Night: Wisconsin fish fry, system previewing and perhaps some live music!

Saturday AM: John's house for a look at his Klipsch and Mac based system.

Saturday PM: Barbeque at boomacs followed by system previewing. Macs & Cornwalls and Balanced Audio Technology with Cornwalls and Forte IIs.

Saturday later: Over to John's for an HT show. We may also take the BAT gear over to set-up with the Khorns.

Sunday AM: open to do whatever.

Amy, Boomac, John -- can we get this pinned to the top of 2-channel to remind people?

I'm bringing a few things, including a DVD of the Chicago Symphony Chorus and Orchestra performance of Hector Berlioz: La Damnation de Faust.

This is one of the great music works of all time, in my opinion. Watching it, as on this DVD, makes it special and almost beyond compare. While I have a list of quibbles about the camera work, I really, really like this one.

I'll post on another item or two. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Larry

post-12148-13819297969022_thumb.jpg

I'm also bringing a CD of the Eugene Ormandy/Philly Orchestra Carmina Burana, the brilliant 20-century work based on midieval poems and with a medieval, yet modern spirit. It's great to see this great performance is still available in spite of all the turmoil and deletions in the classical CD market.

Larry

post-12148-13819297969372_thumb.jpg

I'm also bringing a few TT setup/cartridge alignment tools to help Boom be sure his Well-Tempered is OK. I hope the digital stylus force gauge will arrive from Singapore in time, but will take my trusty Shure gauge (not shown) regardless.

The illuminated magnifiers are terrific for looking closely at cantilever alignment (which is better than just cart body alignment). That's tough for the naked eye. They don't magnify enough to check a stylus in case you're wondering.

The convenient handled Bondhus hex tools probably won't be necessary, but thought I'd show them here -- much easier to use than the small L-shaped metal sticks. The mirrored Basis Vector alignment tool is good generally for cantilever and azimuth alignment even though ti won't be valid for the WTT in every respect.

Larry

post-12148-13819297970062_thumb.jpg

Gary is dropping off his excellent DVD of the Beethoven Triple Concerto. We won't have time to do more than listen to samples (if that) of these DVD's and CD, but I think some will find them interesting.

Larry

post-12148-13819297974116_thumb.jpg

so ya...Doc needs some directions too. I was busy moving all this week and didn't realize it was coming up so soon. So ya, there's my email and PM through the forum and then my cell if anyone wants to call me:

630-715-6788

I've been there before so maybe I'll just start driving up and cross my fingers hoping someone calls me with the last bit of the directions [;)]

No kidding, you guys too busy to give a post or two?

I gave Doc an assignment to get a list of classic jazz selections for a top 10 list. Also he's to record the names of several other pieces of music and movies that he found interesting. All part of his musical education, you see.

Michael

Steve

I just emailed you my numbers. Hope you can make it.

Last night we were at Boomac's till after 2 AM. Larry is taking pics. Maybe he can post some pics today.

Most of the guys are getting in to town late morning today. Should be a good day.

JM

Is Boomac taking good care of my vert?[:^)]