Respect

3dzapper

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This thread is a great advertisement for you and your business. By the way, I love my rusty, waterlogged, repainted, original circuit design P.O.S. st-70.

I couldnt have tried harder to give you my money.

C

Clarence,

I'm glad your liking it. I bet it just sings along with those MP3's enjoy the tunes.

Oh by the way I'm not here to advertise my business or kiss people behinds. Especially Erik. I was here long before I started this business and If I ever close it I'll still be here. You won't get no false fronts from me I call them like a see them. Honest as the day is long. Some people don't like me and won't do business with me because of it. Well so be it if I received all the work available I couldn't get it all done anyway. One thing is for sure I would never do a half measure job from a sonic or reliability standpoint.

Craig

Clarence,

I'm glad your liking it. I bet it just sings along with those MP3's enjoy the tunes.

Oh by the way I'm not here to advertise my business or kiss people behinds. Especially Erik. I was here long before I started this business and If I ever close it I'll still be here. You won't get no false fronts from me I call them like a see them. Honest as the day is long. Some people don't like me and won't do business with me because of it. Well so be it if I received all the work available I couldn't get it all done anyway. One thing is for sure I would never do a half measure job from a sonic or reliability standpoint.

Craig

You are, as we say in the business, an "open kimono" (sp?) kinda guy. Pull no punches, and dont stop short. I like it.

Meagin: That was really funny! I appreciate your humor, and I know my wife would get a kick out of it.[:)]

All right, Craig, we can talk about the 'real life' suggestion if you like, or even if you don't. I have to hurry, but I can make a short descriptive list for you:

You've been on the forum just about a year longer than I, and I refer you to the difference in the number of posts between the two of us. I'm actually kind of shocked by the fact that I noticed last night I'm over the 3K mark. I would rather that number be lower. You and I actually have more in common than what it seems like on the surface, although I think the motivation behind the interest is a little different -- which would make sense because for you it's a business, for me it's not. I've got a little extra time this morning since Marie is sleeping in after being up all night working database problems, and Fridays I only have to make breakfast and lunch for myself.

So. Other than a love for audio electronics we have the following:

1) 30 mile fitness-rides Saturdays on Road bikes (I have a Cannondale with a Dura-Ace group, Marie has an all carbon frame Trek with Shimano 600 stuff.) I can still work on everything that doesn't use cassettes, but I obviously have to get some new tools. Sometimes we'll alternate Saturdays with 6 hours of off-road exploring along the Brazos River, part of which is pretty close to where we live. We use our mountain bikes, of course, although it's not so easy for me right now because both are hard-tail frames. My back can't take the pounding right now. Forgot to mention that I'm up between 3:30 and 4:00 every day including weekends, and that's when I work on electronics, old radios, antique clock repair, and so forth.

2) Saturday afternoons are music, watching birds in the back yard, playing with our dog children, napping, cooking, and most often a movie with popcorn or whatever gloppy-good thing for dessert. Surround sound with the new subwoofer is HUGE fun!

3) Early Sunday mornings are when I ride my other bike (please see below!), and then we are off to Starbucks/Barnes and Noble for weekend-only coffee and iced tea treats, books, CDs. Off to the Grocery store and Target for the usual stuff, and then the entire afternoon is spent cooking for the work week, and making GF meals for me. By the way, statistics would indicate that some others of you here, lurking or otherwise, require GF foods, and Marie has a killer GF bread recipe I would be very happy to share. Truly, it's outstanding! Another movie after all of that, or just quiet time and reading to rest for Monday.

In short, I couldn't be happier. But, if this is still thought to be an other than 'real life,' it would make sense in that it is a great supplement to the non-real, toy amplifiers I use in our system.[:o]

Lastly: I had a Cagiva Gran Canyon before the Rockster, and before that a Yamaha R6 supersport. The latter was just insanely fast, and I don't have the reflexes I used to when I rode in my teens and 20s. Tracks are too far away from home anyway, and riding those things around in traffic is a waste of what they were designed to do. What's shown is a great compromise, and I have always loved the boxer twins! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put it up on blocks for probably 6 months or more starting this summer. There are some other parts of me that are going in for repairs, so all that has to get done with before I can even think about riding again.

post-10533-13819286571438_thumb.jpg

post-10533-1381929084806_thumb.jpg

post-10533-1381929481326_thumb.jpg

Erik--

You'd dig the duct tape projects my daughter (15) makes. Wallets, ties, top hats, purses. She takes orders from the kids at school!

Wow. That is cool Gregg,

I definitely have respect for someone who can make and sell fashion accessories made from duct tape.

aside: Do you know how duct tape and THE FORCE are alike?

Well, duct tape has a light side, a dark side, and it holds everything in the universe together.

The title of this thread is starting to look rather ironic - sad really.

Erik,

GF?

And if we are listing life stories:

My life:

Wake up.

Head to bathroom.

Get into shower.

Daughter arrives in bathroom wanting to use toilet.

Get out of shower wrapped in towel and covered in shampoo.

Put daughter on toilet.

Wait.

Take daughter off toilet and assist (do not ask)

Intruct her not to flush till I get out of shower.

Get back in shower.

Wait till the water returns to normal as she flushed anyway.

Dress

Make breakfast for all.

Eat bits and gather detritus from daughter's breakfast - mainly out of her own hair.

Leave SWMBO with daughter and go walk the dogs.

Come back. Wait for SWMBO to get ready. Watch childrens TV with daughter.

Take SWMBO to work

Head to my own work.

Work (times 3).

Home.

Walk dogs again.

Play with Daughter and dogs, then just daughter.

Wait as long as I can for SWMBO to return before eating evening meal.

Play with daughter.

Watch Winnie the Pooh with daughter.

Spend happy hour attempting to get her into bed.

Spend another half hour ferrying water, milk, extra pillows etc. to SWMBO and Daughter who are now in bed together.

Finally go to listen to some music.

Put record on TT.

Sit in listening position.

Fall asleep.

Wake with needle butting into label.

Take record off TT.

Carry daughter to her own room.

Bed.

Weekend:

Same without the trip to work in the middle. Spend whole day either playing with daughter or ferrying her to and fro friends instead.

Woah - that one disarmed me DD - [:$]

I was expecting reactions like:

Max - this is your life? Or,

Gee I am glad I am not Max! Or,

So why'd ya spend all that money on a TT you sleep in front of?

That kinda stuff really.

Meagin: That was really funny! I appreciate your humor, and I know my wife would get a kick out of it.[:)]

All right, Craig, we can talk about the 'real life' suggestion if you like, or even if you don't. I have to hurry, but I can make a short descriptive list for you:

You've been on the forum just about a year longer than I, and I refer you to the difference in the number of posts between the two of us. I'm actually kind of shocked by the fact that I noticed last night I'm over the 3K mark. I would rather that number be lower. You and I actually have more in common than what it seems like on the surface, although I think the motivation behind the interest is a little different -- which would make sense because for you it's a business, for me it's not. I've got a little extra time this morning since Marie is sleeping in after being up all night working database problems, and Fridays I only have to make breakfast and lunch for myself.

So. Other than a love for audio electronics we have the following:

1) 30 mile fitness-rides Saturdays on Road bikes (I have a Cannondale with a Dura-Ace group, Marie has an all carbon frame Trek with Shimano 600 stuff.) I can still work on everything that doesn't use cassettes, but I obviously have to get some new tools. Sometimes we'll alternate Saturdays with 6 hours of off-road exploring along the Brazos River, part of which is pretty close to where we live. We use our mountain bikes, of course, although it's not so easy for me right now because both are hard-tail frames. My back can't take the pounding right now. Forgot to mention that I'm up between 3:30 and 4:00 every day including weekends, and that's when I work on electronics, old radios, antique clock repair, and so forth.

2) Saturday afternoons are music, watching birds in the back yard, playing with our dog children, napping, cooking, and most often a movie with popcorn or whatever gloppy-good thing for dessert. Surround sound with the new subwoofer is HUGE fun!

3) Early Sunday mornings are when I ride my other bike (please see below!), and then we are off to Starbucks/Barnes and Noble for weekend-only coffee and iced tea treats, books, CDs. Off to the Grocery store and Target for the usual stuff, and then the entire afternoon is spent cooking for the work week, and making GF meals for me. By the way, statistics would indicate that some others of you here, lurking or otherwise, require GF foods, and Marie has a killer GF bread recipe I would be very happy to share. Truly, it's outstanding! Another movie after all of that, or just quiet time and reading to rest for Monday.

In short, I couldn't be happier. But, if this is still thought to be an other than 'real life,' it would make sense in that it is a great supplement to the non-real, toy amplifiers I use in our system.[:o]

Lastly: I had a Cagiva Gran Canyon before the Rockster, and before that a Yamaha R6 supersport. The latter was just insanely fast, and I don't have the reflexes I used to when I rode in my teens and 20s. Tracks are too far away from home anyway, and riding those things around in traffic is a waste of what they were designed to do. What's shown is a great compromise, and I have always loved the boxer twins! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put it up on blocks for probably 6 months or more starting this summer. There are some other parts of me that are going in for repairs, so all that has to get done with before I can even think about riding again.

Erik,

What really kills me is you would go to the trouble of such a long post to me when I rarely read anything you write. I truly find most of your posts painful to read. WE ARE THAT DIFFERENT we simply do not mesh. No I did not read your above post past

I don't want to mess with Rick's (3dzapper) new thread (titled "No Respect") but it seems he is doing a great job on his project. Congratulations Rick!

I'm a bit confused though. NOSValves states in 3dzapper's new thread "Hey but anyone can do it ask Erik [;)].................................. "

Erik is in the camp that anyone with some practice and patience can learn to solder and work on a piece of electronics. Craig disagrees. Seems to me that Rick's success would be a vote in Eriks favor not Craig's. We would need to see posts of unsucessfull projects to support Craig's view [;)].........................