Did big Heritage ever get reviews in the hi end mags?

pauln

Audio magazine did a review of the klipschorn in the mid 80's as well. There was a page that plotted the complex impedence curve.

The review was mostly favorable, citing dynamics and realism despite some anomalies.

Klipsch and I go back into the mid 80's as well. And the "honk" or other anomalies are 98% of the time set up and electronics.

Horns like space and they reveal poor electronics...period.

klipsch will never be accepted by the vandersteen/magnepan or boutique audiophile crowd. They like a specific kind of sound. They wax poetic about the transparency and articulate detail. But they gloss over compression, lack of impact, realism and so on.

Else, it's as if to say that standard dynamic or planar speakers can't be made to sound bad. I beg to differ there...

is it just me, or have i never heard of either of those companies? lol...

It's probably just you. They are very popular audiophile speaker companies. They have been around for decades.

There are probably 200-300 high end brands you haven't heard of in that case.

Like Avalon, Wilson, Alon, duntech, avante-garde, and so on....

Even "sound and vision" magazine mentions them.

Thanks, Jack. I thought that might be the case. It's the latest issue of Stereoplay, and the review hasn't been archived yet.

Are you going to translate the review? You've set yourself a big task. But I'm sure, if you did, many forum members would be very appreciative.

Is the 1974 (?) interview of PWK by Rolling Stone Magazine referred to at the beginning of this thread available anywhere?

I have seen it posted here before, so a search may turn it up It was not an equipment review per se. It was more about Paul, the culture of K&A, the history of hi-fi, etc. The reviewer owned LaScalas.

boom3 wrote, "I have seen it posted here before, so a search may turn it up It was not an equipment review per se. It was more about Paul, the culture of K&A, the history of hi-fi, etc. The reviewer owned LaScalas."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Prior to posting the inquiry, I used the search function and found several threads that referred to the article, including one that, apparently, included the article as an attachment. Unfortunately, archived posts often no longer contain attachments; this one did not.

The interview of PWK and the Rolling Stones article were done by Tim Cahill. One of the related archived threads included an email from Cahill to a forum member confirming the fact that he stilled owned and enjoyed La Scalas that hed purchased from Steve Living In The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA Miller, an old friend of his.

My curiosity is only heightened by the unsuccessful search for the actual article. Surely someone has a copy or can identify the issue by date. I suppose I could always go to the public library and find it the old fashioned way, but that seems so primitive when its probably only a few key strokes away.

boom3 wrote, "I have seen it posted here before, so a search may turn it up It was not an equipment review per se. It was more about Paul, the culture of K&A, the history of hi-fi, etc. The reviewer owned LaScalas."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Prior to posting the inquiry, I used the search function and found several threads that referred to the article, including one that, apparently, included the article as an attachment. Unfortunately, archived posts often no longer contain attachments; this one did not.

The interview of PWK and the Rolling Stones article were done by Tim Cahill. One of the related archived threads included an email from Cahill to a forum member confirming the fact that he stilled owned and enjoyed La Scalas that hed purchased from Steve Living In The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA Miller, an old friend of his.

My curiosity is only heightened by the unsuccessful search for the actual article. Surely someone has a copy or can identify the issue by date. I suppose I could always go to the public library and find it the old fashioned way, but that seems so primitive when its probably only a few key strokes away.

Try the Rolling Stone site. I don't know how far back they go, but I bought a 2003 ish (non-audio related) from the site and it was delivered promptly.

I can quote several passages almost verbatim...which is a tribute to how my brain stores info I really don't need ;). If you are looking for stuff about the culture of K&A (at that point in time), that's the article for you. PWK was his usual reserved self about his own life, and the technical stuff is at a Sunday-supplement level. At this time Klispch was still making the Heritage line almost exculsively and was just starting to explore PA and Heritage derivates like the Forte.