Pics of Teak finish?

hybridamp

Anyone have some pics of what a "Teak Oil" finished Klipsch Cornwall/Klipschorn would look like? I've had my Klipsch speakers since the late 70s and am in the process of determining their finish... Which is really irrelevant as they've always been beautiful to me in both appearance and sonic performance, but I'm just getting curious these days [:)]

I'm not even truly sure what model they are, they are identical in apperance to most of the cornwall's I've seen online, but it seems like I recall the original labels on the back of the speakers to read Klipschorn instead of Cornwall... I'm currently about 100miles away from home, but plan to grab some pics this coming weekend so that hopefully the forum members can help me properly identify them.

Thanks for the help. [:D]

Interesting, my finish really doesn't look similar to that at all. I suppose it's not Teak.

The woodgrain on the speaker is randomly roundish (curly), as opposed to normal sharp lines, and it is more colorful with a nice mix of light, dark, and slightly warm, colored tones. I've always thought it to be beautiful, and the original purchaser of the speakers (my father) thought he remembered the salesman telling him it was Teak, but I'm thinking he remembered wrong for sure now.

I just KNEW he'd show up!

Another good way to get a gander at some teak is those places selling modern or Scandinavian style furniture. A lot of that swoopy 60's styled contemporary dining tables/ chairs and cabinets were made of pure teak wood. Very beautiful and nice to the touch.

Talking of teak wood, back when I was a kid in India my grand'pa had an antique teak wood frame couch. That thing was a beauty, always loved the way that wood looked. If I remember right him and his friend built it in his younger days, i.e pre-WWII.